Heartbroken

One shot (third person POV)

Ae Na is giggling again. Her laptop is on her lap and she is typing fast. It was school holiday. She is chatting with her new friend. Well, he is her batchmate and they ended up chatting because they were bored.

It was 2.30 am and Ae Na is wide awake. They talked and talked about their lives and sharing hilarious stories with each other. Time passed by and it's 4 am already.

Jongin: you're not sleepy yet huh kiddo?

Ae Na: idk. Maybe. Hby?

Jongin: quite sleepy. Let's call it a night, okay?

Ae Na: sure. Goodnight, Jongin.

Jongin: night, kiddo. Take care. Sweet nightmares.

Ae Na: haha, sweet dreams too

She logged out of her account and shut down her laptop. She yawned and lay down her comfy bed. She smiled because she was happy. She falls asleep with a tired smile on her face.

The chat between her and Jongin becomes a routine. They will talk late at night until both of them felt sleepy.

Ae Na's boyfriend, Jungkook feels irritated because everytime he asked things about her, Jongin's name will always popped out. Jealousy. Yes, he is jealous of Jongin. He thinks that Ae Na's attention are fully towards Jongin.

On Ae Na's side, she felt like Jungkook is not himself. He will reply with a short comment and even he will 'k' her. She feels irritated and sad. But, Jongin will always cheer her up. She told Jongin about her feelings towards Jungkook. She feels helpless. She thinks she is falling out of love. She didn't even get butterflies when she talked with Jungkook anymore. She rarely smiles when they were chatting. Her stomach didn't do any flips when Jungkook said sweet things about her.

Indeed, she is falling out of love. Well, they've been dating for 2 months already. So, before anything gets worse, she decided to break up with him. She asked for Jongin's opinion.

Ae Na: should i break up with him?

Jongin: If you think it's for the best, I'm not stopping you.

She felt like she was torn apart. She was in love with Jungkook. But now, everything is falling apart for them. They often fight and didn't spend time with each other anymore.

So, she breaks up with him. Jungkook was furious but she didn't changed her mind. She was tired of a this bullshits and she needs a break. She left him and she is sure that Jungkook will throw a fit and hate her after this. What can she do? She's tired. She needs to be selfish for once and protect herself from getting hurt even more.

After the break up, Jongin is always by her side. They talked often and they exchanged numbers too. He was like a brother to Ae Na. They always goofed around and exchange sarcastic comment about each other. She became attached to him and she will feels weird and unsettle if she didn't talk to him at all in a day. She never had a brother so when Jongin came into her life, she feels grateful for his attention and care.

School will start in a week. She needs to return to her hostel. Her routine with Jongin goes smoothly too. She rely on him too much that she didn't even think about what will happen when school reopens.

She is back at her hostel and tomorrow is the first day in school. Her bestfriends a.k.a dormmates are excited too. She texted Jongin. Jongin replied. So, the texting marathon begins as they can't use internet.

A month and a half passed, her friendship with Jongin stays the same but less texting occurs. He sometimes didn't text her at all for a week. She always text him and even call him. She felt kinda empty when Jongin didn't replied or picked up her calls. She realized that ever since school started, she never once talked to Jongin casually except when they bumped into each other at koop or cafe. They exchanged a few hellos and that's it.