A Tragic Incident

Kageyama-POV

It's spring break. Me and my family are on our way back from Hawaii. We're on the plane right now, and if I'm being honest, it's a little boring. I'm watching a movie, but it got interrupted by the captain.
Gee, I just wanna watch my movie. What could possibly be so important?
"Hello, this is your captain speaking. There has been a slight malfunction. Please remain calm, and keep your-"
His message got interrupted by an explosion.
The right wing literally blew up. Kaboom.
"What the hell?!" I hear my sister panic, but then her voice blends in with everyone else's screams. I'm in shock, so I don't really react.
Thud.
There was a forceful impact. But before I can even process the pain, everything goes black.

I wake up, still in the plane. The front was on
fire, but thank god we're in the middle. I check on my family.
Shit.
They're unresponsive. I check their pulse.
They aren't breathing. None of them are.
I sit in shock, as the fire slowly gets closer to me. After 4 minutes, I finally realize that the fire is extremely close. I hurry out of my seat, and exit from the back. There were 4 other people alive, but that's pretty little, considering there were over 150 to start with.
No one is talking.
A few hours passed, and we spot a helicopter coming down our direction.
I should be feeling happy.
I should be feeling relieved.
Why do I feel sad? Why do I feel worse?
Probably because my family hasn't woken up yet.
They check if we're okay, but obviously we're not. A lady approaches me. Her mouth is moving, but nothing comes out. This isn't a time to be joking. My whole family died. "Speak up, I can't hear you-"
I stop myself. Why couldn't I hear myself just then? I touch my ears.
"Hello..?!"
"Why can't I.. why can't I hear?!"
I don't know how loud I am, but I'm extremely angry. What the actual hell?! We're the people who also survived talking this whole time? Did I just not notice? The nurse holds me close. It's obvious she doesn't know sign language, so hugging me is the closest thing she can do to calm me down. I get in the helicopter, still in shock. I'm still testing to see if my hearing is actually gone.
"..hello"
"...hi"
"...hey"
I can't hear myself.
What the hell.

We arrive to Miyagi, Japan.
I still can't hear.
They escort everyone out. None of us are in the right condition to be walking, but I spot my team. I wanted to tell them. I wanted to tell them that I can't hear. I needed support. This is all so new.
They take me in to my hospital room, and do a few tests on me. The nurse is saying something, but I can't hear.
"What are you saying? I can't hear it."
She looks upset, and continues talking to the doctor. He takes a good look at me. It's not just my ears that have been damaged. My body has a lot of burns and cuts on them.
I just want this to all stop.

Hinata-POV

I'm lying in my bed, just to get a notification from an unknown number. I check it, just to make sure it's not spam mail. My jaw drops.

Hello, Shoyo Hinata! This is the Myagi Hospital. There has been a severe plane crash, and your teammate, Tobio Kageyama was involved. He isn't here yet, but if you'll like to visit him, please come on down to the hospital.
We're very sorry, and thank you!

What..? A plane crash? Severe?
My brain can't process this. I throw on some clothes, not even paying attention to whether they match or not, and sprint out of the door. I hop on my bike and pedal.
He's okay.
He's fine.
He isn't hurt.
I finally arrive. I'm a mess. The hospital was way farther than I thought it would be. I spot Suga, Daichi, and Oikawa.
Oikawa? Why would he seem to care about what happened to kageyama?
"Hey, hinata." Suga says in a calmly way.
I wave. I don't feel like talking right now.
"Hey, small fry."
Shut up, Oikawa. I really don't care about what you have to say.
The door opens, and we see the 4 survivors.
Including Kageyama.
Two of them were on hospital beds, while the other two were walking with a nurse supporting them. Apparently they couldn't see us at the moment, since they had to do a wellness check.
We all take a seat outside of the room Tobio is in. We sit in silence.
Oikawa finally breaks the tension.
"So... do you guys think he'll be okay..?"
Daichi pitches in. "He wasn't on a hospital bed, so I think so."
Nothing they can say will make me feel better. Hospital bed or not, he is still hurt.

A nurse opens the door, signaling us to come in. Kageyama is sitting there, staring at the wall. Did he not notice us walking in? He looks like he's in shock or something. I can tell something happened, but I don't know what.
The nurse taps him, and he gets a little startled. What the hell.
He finally noticed us. His eyes are red, and he has a blank, yet sad face.
"Kageyama!! Are you ok?!" I ask.
He just looks clueless and upset.
Why is he ignoring me?
"Even though he didn't get physically hurt," the nurse stated. "His injury is probably the most severe."
"What do you mean?" Oikawa says with a shake in his voice.
"He..." the nurse goes on. "He can't hear you."