five.

sparks will fly

[between TWO and THREE in IMBALANCE]

Walking alongside Virgil and Jordan towards the canteen, Trent's eyes aligned with his phone screen while his teammates engaged in a conversation about their upcoming match. Normally, Trent would've brought himself into the conversation though he wasn't put for one. He wasn't feeling himself as he should. In his eyes, his performance during training was mediocre at best so his chances of starting in their next match were slim. So pride held up high, he avoided all discussions on the match unless obliged to talk about it.

Glancing up from his phone the first person that came into his sight was Wynter, causing him to roll his eyes. Ever since the pair's vague encounter with one another on Wynter's first day, Trent still hadn't found himself leaning towards the french player. His attitude toward Wynter was confusing to his teammates, considering that their new teammates had been nothing but a delight for everyone and Trent had yet to give a reason why he didn't like Wynter.

Despite her newly-found presence on the team, Wynter wasn't alone on the table. With her role on the squad as a striker, it wasn't a surprise to everyone when the player levitated toward the main strikers of the team—Mo, Sadio and Bobby. Though their volume wasn't maximised in the canteen the quad seemed to be in a heavy conservation as Wynter shared her phone screen with them to watch a video.

Noticing Trent's long gaze on Wynter, Jordan nudged his teammate to receive his attention. "Hey. None of that right now," he said with a headshake.

Trent's face screwed up a bit. "None of what?"

Virgil turned to Trent. "You know what we're talking about. You manage to ruin the mood by opening your mouth to say God knows what to Winnie. We're literally about to have breakfast. At least let us have this in peace, yeah?" Fortunately, Trent's on and off behaviour towards Wynter hadn't gone unnoticed by his teammates. Always did they make sure to call him out for it whenever any of them witnessed it, and it was only right for them to do so. Wynter was so kind and sweet and inward. His behaviour was unwarranted from every angle.

Trent sighed as he slid his phone into his tracksuit's bottom pockets. "Okay, alright. You have my word," he said, placing a hand over his heart.

Jordan nodded as he patted Trent's shoulder. "Good. Now, hurry up and get some food to eat. We're all eating together as a team."

Trent's face fell a bit. "Oh," Trent mumbled to himself once Virgil and Jordan had already advanced into the canteen. He wasn't going to lie to himself, he wasn't so keen on the idea (knowing that Jordan organised for everyone to sit together as a team). Though as much as he rather not find himself in and around Wynter's air, he wasn't planning on sitting alone nor defying Jordan's simple wishes. So pulling himself together, he made his way through the canteen to join his other teammates.

After retrieving his breakfast for the day, he wandered towards the table where all the players were. Though everyone was seated together, there was a multitude of conversations going on at the table, some of the players purposely attempting to over voice their teammates.

From his place next to Wynter, Joe exclaimed, "Wait, you're into basketball too?!" His smile grew upon noticing her GSW themed phone case. "I didn't see you as someone who watches basketball, you know."

She paused the clip on her phone and glanced up to notice that the rest of the conversations had died down so everyone's attention was centred on her. She nodded, slowly. "Uh, I mean, I have a lot of friends who play it so I try to watch both the NBA and the WNBA as much as I can. You know, with the whole time difference."