the one with the lightening struck tower

“I don't need to be
anything to you. I
need my life to mean
more than my death.”

HERMIONE HAD JOINED the dots and reached Eileen Prince in a few days, as we sat in the Gryffindor Common Room. I was impressed.

He," Hermione groaned. "Who says it's a he?"

"Prince, Hermione, Prince!" Harry said.

"Right," Hermione said, pulling out an old newsprint, with Eileen Prince's picture on it. I raised an eyebrow, thoroughly impressed.

"So?" Harry said.

"Her name was Eileen Prince, Harry!" Hermione said, frustratedly.

"No way," Ron said.

"Why not?" Hermione retaliated.

"Listen Hermione," Harry said. "I can tell it's not a girl."

"The truth is you don't think a girl can be clever enough," Hermione said.

"Which is full considering you've hung out with Hermione for five years," I said.

"You know who the Half-blood Prince is, don't you?" Harry asked me suddenly.

I stood up, with a smirk on my face. "I do know. And I'll say, both of you are correct," I laughed. "It has something to do with Eileen Prince. And it's got something to do with Prince not being a girl. Good day!"

I strode off as Ron threw more questions at me behind. I waved lightly, climbing out of the portrait, making my way up to the Seventh Floor.

Take me to the Vanishing Cabinet, I thought thrice. The door appeared. I pushed it open lightly and I entered. Draco stood there with a cold hard look on his face, staring at the cabinet.

"It's almost done," he said, and a I shuddered. Today is the day.

"I have to go to Snape," I said.

"I'll come with you."

Neither of us could go, as right before our eyes, the door materialized again. I pushed Draco aside, and hid behind a pile of old books. "It's Trelawney," I whispered.

She walked in, dazed eyes that were so magnified behind her glasses, and fished out cards from her pocket. She looked distant and wary, as she placed the cards on the Deck.

"Again!" she screamed suddenly to herself. "No matter how I out it!"

I stared blankly at her, not really believing in the Divination that she did. "Two of spades: conflict," she murmured. "Seven of spades: an ill omen. Ten of spades: violence. Knave of spades: a dark young man, possibly troubled, one who dislikes the questioner -"

"Fuck," my eyes widened dramatically. My brain never joined the dots faster.

"What?" Draco whispered.

"Her predictions make sense. She's not sprouting nonsense, listen!"

She fished out a fifth card, not well advised in the subject of Divination. "The Lightening Struck Tower," she wailed. "Calamity! Grave calamity-"

Draco dove down, crouching low, and threw a Peruvian Instant Darkness powder and ran towards Trelawney as she coughed and gasped in the Darkness. He pulled her by the shawls, or so I assumed, and shoved her out. Before the darkness faded, Draco and I ran out, going straight towards Snape's chambers.

Once we were out of earshot, Draco slowed down and looking at me. "What did her predictions mean?"

I gasped lightly as I realized the predictions Trelawney ever made had some sort of sense in them.