She couldn’t even join her friends in that scavenger hunt they’d, including her had created.  One of the tasks, courtesy of her was to find a random professor on campus and dance behind them for at least ten seconds before high tailing it.  There was also a task where they had to make a band in the student dining only with dishes and utensils and sing a song whilst getting at least applause from ten people.  There had been more tasks, many a little more risqué of course…

 She’d also gotten those creepy anonymous messages… which thankfully stopped sometime around when Louis and the boys headed to Chicago… where it seemed Louis had moved on.  With that thought she opened her eyes once more just in time to see Adam approach. 

Turning around in her bar stool, she grinned in the direction.  “I’ll be right there Adam.” She laughed as she saw him wearily glance between her and Louis.  “My drink’s still coming along.” She said before ushering him to sit back down. 

“Your date?” Louis couldn’t help but ask.

Turning to look into his eyes, she finally grinned widely.  “Not jealous I hope,” She teased but didn’t let him answer.  “But yes, he is, it’s our first date actually, you’re not easy to get over but I had to at least give him a chance even if he’s no Louis Tomlinson.”

As her drink was finally placed in front of her, Eleanor gracefully hopped off the bar seat.  “I think this is my cue to go.” She said with a wistful smile.  “Bye Louis. Maybe we’ll see each other around?”

“Yeah,” Louis nodded as he tried not to look behind him at whoever was Eleanor’s date.  Not because he instantly disliked the guy but a part of him was really curious who it might be, if the bloke was anything like him or completely opposite, but he knew he shouldn’t. He had moved on and Eleanor wasn’t judging so he didn’t have any right either.  “Bye Elle,”

Hearing him say goodbye, she whirled around once more.   “Oh by the way, she’s pretty! I just hope she knows show lucky she is!” Eleanor cocked her head, s small grin playing on her lips. 

“Don’t worry I remind her all the time of both.” Louis grinned back. 

“You would!” Eleanor laughed this time.  “Merry Christmas and Happy New Year’s Louis.” She smiled at him.  Maybe it’ll be our time later. She silently thought again before turning around to find Adam. 

“You too,” Louis whispered watching her figure until it embraced a slightly gangly but nice looking bloke with hair that slightly reminded him of Harry when he gelled his hair back. 

Feeling his gaze, Adam apparently looked up. 

Louis arched a brow hoping his expression told the guy that if he hurt Eleanor, he would hell to pay.  Or like Melina liked to say, often times to him when she was angry, he was a dead man.  Yes, Adam would be a dead man if he even thought of hurting Eleanor.

~~~

On New Year’s Melina had been asked out by Savannah and several of her other classmates.  Eva and Kent would be spending the holiday with his parents. While getting ready to take a shower, Melina’s cell phone rang exactly at 5:59 PM. She hesitated, her breath pausing as she looked down at the name flashing on her cell phone.  Seeing Louis’ name, Melina’s thumb traced over both accept or end phone call. Her expression was unreadable as her heart began to thump faster, and faster despite the fact that her thoughts were faltering. 

At last she lightly pressed the accept button. 

“Happy New Year’s Melina Hanas!” Louis said grinning as he watched the fireworks go off near Big Ben with his family.