If The World Was Ending

The ground shook violently, as you went under the bed, the earthquake hitting the whole of Europe. This year could literally not be worse, yet here you were. Alone in your apartment, with no one else in contact nearby.

Well, there was one person. A person with whom you had a not so pleasant past. Ever since the breakup, which was a really heartbreaking one, you stopped talking to Haz altogether.

"Hey, babe, wakey wakey!" He whispered softly, kissing your nose, forehead and the the lips softly. You were sleeping heavily on his chest, legs entangled and him holding you close.

"Hmm no" you whispered without opening your eyes.

"Babe, it's getting late. Wake up, I'll make you something", he said, which alarmed you as you woke up immediately.

"No, the last time you cooked, we had to extinguish a fire, I'm making food, it's safer."

"Yeah I knew you would wake up by that", he said smugly, laughing.

Those memories still made the both of you ache. As you tried to move on, which was unsuccessful, given that although the both of you had grown apart, the spark between you could never go away.

Little did you know, Haz was thinking of the exact same thing. Happy and crazy memories floating through the mind, dragging him into the hole of regret and sadness and wanting to patch things up with you again.

"Haz, stooopppppp!" You giggled away, Haz's fingers digging in your waist as he tickled you as a revenge of being beat at Othello and Uno, claiming that you cheated.

"No no no, babe, I'm gonna punish you for beating me" his face crinkled with laughter, which was music to your ears.

He suddenly stopped tickling you, hand still resting on your waist, pulling you closer on his lap so that you were straddling him. You wrapped your legs around his torso and held his face, closing the gap between your lips.

You pulled on his hair, and scratched his scalp just the way he liked it. His hands rubbed circles on the skin under the hem of your shirt, which sent tingles to you stomach and heart.

"I love you, dork"

"I love you too, baby girl"

Sometimes, you wondered if he ever thought about you, and if he would keep the promise the both of you made months earlier.

"Hey Haz, I wanna ask you something"

"Shoot. What is it, darling?" He looked at you with those ocean blue eyes, waiting to hear what you wanted to say, whilst playing with your hair.

"If the world was ending, and we were apart due to some reason at that time, where would you go?"

"To you."

"So, if the world was ending, you'd come over, right?"

"Yes. God forbid if the world was ending, I would come over and stay with you till my last breath. I promise."

No, Haz did not forget that promise. He wanted to keep that promise and just go to you and kiss you senseless, secretly hoping that you would take him back.

Without a second thought, he carefully emerged from under his dining table where he was to keep safe after the tremors had stopped for a while.

He took his jacket and phone with him and took off towards your apartment. Thankfully, you did not live that far, so the distance could be covered by foot.

He climbed the stairs, running the whole time, till he stood in front of your doorstep. His nerves now started acting up. Would you let him in? Would you forgive him? Would you take him back? More importantly, would you remember the promise?

He decided to take his chance and knocked on the door.

Knock, knock, knock.

Those three knocks startled you. Who on earth was knocking at a time like this? Surely it could not be Haz? Did he really come to you? Did he remember that promise? Was it really him?

You came out from under the bed, and took slow steps towards the door. Hesitantly, you peeked through the keyhole. And, surely enough, it was Haz, standing at your doorstep.

Your heart was beating so loudly, he could probably hear it. Taking two deep breaths, you slowly opened the door. Only one word came out of your lips, like a whisper.

"Haz."

"It, really seems the world might end. And I had a promise to keep. I hope you remember." He whispered softly.

No words were needed to be said. You gave him a hug, letting your tears pour. He hugged you back and held you close to his heart. Tears fell from his face as well.

He pulled away from the hug, closed the door behind you and gave you a passionate kiss on the lips, his hands holding your cheeks, pulling you closer. One hand held his cheek, the other through his hair as you kissed him back.

When you both finally pulled away, he gave a loving kiss on your forehead.

"I'm sorry, darling."

"Me too."

"I love you and I always will till we die."

"I love you too, dork." You replied back smiling.

Even if the world was not ending, you both sat together in your couch, hand in hand, holding each other close and promised to never let go ever again.

The end