Chapter 9

DENIZE'S P.O.V

Here I tell you one secret.  Whenever it's your turn to work with BYE, bring less colorful dress.  I literally brought a ton of black dress, most of them were leather jackets and jeans, with black shoes and stuff.  It's like everyday is a black day for them.  So we're told to match up the game.  Therefore, I don't have to tell you what I'm gonna wear because you just gotta figure it out by yourself.  And for Helsinki show, I wore this dress lacy black shirt and jeans.  Let's go.

"Hey is it a knock?"  Kensi spoke as she put eyeliner on her eyes.

"I guess so.  Maybe James." 

I walked up to the door and opened it.  Whoa.

"You're ready?"  Riley whispered closely to me.  I swear I can smell his perfume.

"Uhm yeah, Kensi's about to done, I'm ready."  I walked back inside to take my purse, phone, and camera.

"You know how to handle this?"  He took the camera from my hands.

"Hey, I surely do."  I rolled my eyes.  Guys liked to understimate.  No offense.

"Here, press this one, open this, try to shot one particular object, adjust...and...click."  Riley showed me how to use this freaking camera.

"Riley, gosh I got it."  I took it back.

"Be careful on stage, okay?  Don't get hurt.  Seth likes to jump here and there while taking pictures and I don't want you to do the same thing.  It's dangerous."  He reminded me like a proud father.

"Al...right."  I said unsure.  "I'm not Seth though, so..."

"Good.  Ready to go, Kens?"  He immediately changed the topic.

"Yup, let's go!" 

We all took our to do list and preparation stuff, to meet the guys downstairs.  They've been at the lobby with James.  And the van's ready to go too.  So we all packed up inside the van and Lonnie drove us to the venue.  It took me 15 minutes itself to prepare my tripod and camera, but so glad Seth was here to help.  Yeah he's very helpful and just knew that I was somewhat nervous.  It's good I didn't mess up anything yet for the past 1 hour.

"Good luck boys!"  Christina waved at us.  She and her team were at this part of backstage across ours.

"Good luck to you too!"  Connor laughed.

"Kill 'em show, girl!"  Riley shouted too.

We were waiting until Christina was done with her 10 songs, then finally it's the guys' turn to go up.  So loud outside, I was just getting ready with the earplug because no, I couldn't stand correctly where hundreds of girls scream in my ears.

"You're okay?"  Seth grabbed my hand.

"Yeah let's do this!"  I answered excitedly.  "Kens, I'll be outside!" 

"Guys, turn your walkie-talkie on!"  James yelled to all of us. 

"Got it!"  We said in unison.

I paid so much attention to the way they started the show.  It's a new thing for me.  So I just knew that, how they prepared it in the back of the stage door.  First up, Thomas and Ryan cheered up the crowd by walking in first.  They did some demo with the drums and bass, to cheer it louder as a welcome to Connor, Riley, and Toby.  Wow I meant it was loudly loud.  Seth even laughed at me beccause the crowd shocked me couple times.

"That's why we put this!"  He pointed to our earplug.  "I'll be 10 feet behind you.  Start taking pictures!"

"Alright!"  I gave my thumb up.

Yeah.  Start to work.  I gotta make sure that these photos turn out amazing enough to be sold again at the merch station.  There were some rules changing.  I should give some quality photos to Kensi, so she can print them out fast, so the crowd can have it if they want to purchase.  The rest of the documentation will be on hold until the guys decided which ones they would post.

I took a bunch of pictures of Thomas.  He killed it with the drums.  I got so many outstanding pictures with the magical smoke and lighting.  Hah.  Sort of.  Then Connor, with both his guitar and piano.  I had some fun taking pictures of him jumping around, because the photos turned like flying.  Toby too, the silly faces that he made on stage made me laugh.  Ryan and his bass was amazing.  I also took some photos from backstage directly to where the crowd was, to add the epic version of it.  But then...everytime Riley knew where I was with my camera, he started to wink and stuff.  I tried so hard to focus, can't you see?  Or maybe he did that a lot so that I could get the HQ pictures.  But I meant he winked a lot.  How often? Once a minute often.

"Hey Denize, want to exchange?"  Seth tapped my shoulder.

"Oh sure!  Here."  I took off the camera from my neck and exchanged it with his camera.  "Oh wow that's heavy."

"Hahaha...  Take something for just 5 minutes and give it to me.  I don't want to hurt your shoulder because of it."  Seth laughed.

"No, sorry, I am the wonder woman."  I smirked.

"Good.  Alright, happy working!"  Seth chuckled and left me alone.

I learned it from the way Seth worked.  He was trying so hard to get the best shot.  Riley's right.  He indeed jumped here and there, from stage to down there with the crowd, back again to the backstage, stood in between the crowd, like nothing's too big.  I like the way he made it easy so I tried to follow him.  So far I satisfied with my job.  Hopefully they'll like it.  Because as you know, the McDonough has their own video production which also handles some artist like Tayler Buono.  They know exactly how to make an awesome footage.  It would be not funny at all if I ever messed up.  Fingers crossed.