Chapter 21

Yuuki P.O.V 

      W-where am I? Who's shining that light on me? Is that the sun?

             Yuuki finally opened her eyes to be greeted by the sun's glare. She squinted and sat up in a sitting position and looked at herself, surprised by the fact that she was healed up. Weird, if I was asleep for as long as I think I was, the Medicubod should have forced me out of here. That should be the same for Asuna too...

       "Asuna? Asuna!!" Yuuki called out. She didn't hear anything besides the usual natural sounds the forests and trees carry. Yuuki got onto her two feet with ease before cupping her mouth. "Asuna!!" She raised her voice.

       "Asu-" In her blind spot, Yuuki saw something approaching her at a massive speed. Just a mere second before it pierced into her head Yuuki dodged the arrow and she quickly turned into her ALO form, sword already drawn.

                Quietly as she can be, Yuuki slowly walks forward towards the direction where the arrow came from. There was a clearing ahead and to her surprise an archer, bow and ready with her next arrow.

       "Stop! Or I won't miss you again!" The archer yelled. Yuuki stops abruptly as told, but in caution, she holds her sword more securely. Even though she was still a few feet away from the archer she could see her distress and tear-stained face. Yuuki couldn't understand why, but all she can do was keep up her caution and be careful with her words.

       "How do you know that name?" The archer asked.

       "Asuna? I am looking for her. You must know her then? Have you seen her? Is she ok-"

       "That bitch almost cost me my life. Almost killed me numerous times, killed 47 people, and you are concerned for her well being?!" The archer yelled.

               Taken back by this but keeping her ground, Yuuki suspected this was one of the girls that Kirito told her about before they logged in and asked her to look for them. But she couldn't let the archer disrespect her friend like that.

         "Listen, I understand your frustration and your pain. Though, while Asuna did those things and committed those crimes, she has paid for them in multiple ways. She understands that she has blood in her hands. She understands that those lives she took will never return. She's on the road of redemption. She promise-"

        "Promise?! Redemption?!" The archer roared "How can you say those things as if you were on the battlefield? How can you say those things like you know what's going on in that bitches mind as if you or anyone knows?!" The archer's voice broke in the end. She took a breath before continuing in a lower voice.

       "Who knows, maybe all of this is her doing too. Maybe she used you and Kirito to get in here and pursue her true goals." She finished.

                 Yuuki was baffled, and for the first time, angry by this. How could one girl have so much hate? Sure, I met Asuna at a later point in her life but that doesn't mean I know her any less than people who knew her longer.

                 Just as she was about to retort, Yuuki heard and felt a small earthquake like stomp. It seems the archer felt it too expressing a shocked face as they experienced another one. And another one soon after that.

          "Listen, I know you're angry, I am too, but we don't have much time! I know your situation. I logged in with Kirito and Asuna with the help of Dr.Rinko and Mr.Kikoua. I can die and be revived no problem but you cannot so we need to work together despite our differences. Can you fight with that bow?" Yuuki questioned. The archer looked at her suspiciously before drawing her next arrow but not aiming at particularly anywhere.