Chapter 5

Sinon P.O.V

            After that day with Kazuto and Sugu, it was like we weren't making any progress. We would either travel to one world altogether or travel to two worlds in groups. But even then, it leads us to dead ends.

     "Still no portal or way into the world seed. And we covered 1/3 of Alfiem's map!" Liz exclaimed.

      "It's still way too early to give up. Kirito's group has yet to come back from finishing there search in GGO." Agil reassured.

              It's been a few weeks since Sugu mysteriously got locked up in Alfiem. But if she is truly here, where could she be?

        "We still haven't found Leafea either." Silica said slightly worried about the whole situation.

          "Maybe we should wait till Yui gets here from GGO and then continue." Liz proposed.

           "No. We'll lose more time. Let's go to the next town and see what info we can get there." I announced as I lead my group to the next town. Something in my gut is saying that this town will give us a clue of some sort. I hope Kirito, Klein, and Yui have better luck than us right now.

Kirito P.O.V

             "Damn it! When are we going to find it?!!!" Klein whines.

            "Easy Klein. It's not that easy to find if we don't have a map of any kind to find it. Think of it as a treasure hunt quest." I replied trying to reassure the guy. "Yui, anything on its location or hints?"

             "I'm sorry daddy, I can't seem to find anything, anywhere. For an AI, I should be able to know these kinds of things or at least be able to find them easily. But everywhere I look, every file, it leads to a dead end." Yui explained.

              "Damn. It's like we're in a maze." I sighed.

              "But here's something I'm worried about. Usually, on the daily, I'll check on the world seed and the date to make sure everything's up to speed. But recently, codes and algorithms have been disappearing from different games. It's normal in a game update for data and codes to disappear, but it's always replaced. These current data has not been replaced."

The world seed controls the growth of old games and the creation of new games. So for data and codes to be disappearing and not being replaced is not a good sign.

"Alright. Let's just keep moving till we get a lead of some kind." I said.

Sinon P.O.V

We were now in another town asking people around us if they had seen Leafea. Unfortunately, no one could recognize the blonde big-chested girl.

"Ugh. No progress in this town either." Liz groaned.

"Don't worry Liz. Even if she is on a quest she will turn up eventually." Silica reassures.

I lead the team inside a shop to find out information from a broker. The towns broker to be exact. They tend to put lies here and there but honestly, we don't have many other choices other than that.

As I was leaving the broker screams were heard from outside. We ran outside and saw many people running and flying for there lives. Some kind of huge hole with numbers was chasing and swallowing players. And quickly.

"Guys! Run! Log out quick! Please warn brother!" Leafea screamed while running. We screamed for her but she got swallowed as well and disappeared.

Luckily, all the rest of my friends that were beside me followed her orders and logged out quickly, not wasting a second. It seems weird that nobody else tried to log out. I was deep into my thoughts until someone pushed me hard to the ground in panic.

"Please! Save yourself and log out as we all cannot!" He yelled and ran.

Another person can't log out?! What's going on? I practically yelled at myself. After a split second thought, I did something that I know Kirito would kick my ass for later.

I ran towards the dark hole and jumped in