Ch.5 What A Leech...

Start from the beginning

"Ow! H-Hey-", Puff quickly silenced as Edge glared at him.

"However despite you, obviously scared, you ran off into the park when I was so close to dragging you by the neck. I chased you into that playground and towards the fence. You're strong when you want to be, my nose is still aching from when you kicked me...."

Puff looked away,"S-Sorry...", He whimpered.

"Save it. I jump the fence and try to track you down, only to be lost. It starts raining hard and I find you a few alleys down. We fight and I knock you out. I drag you back to the car and I'm cold, soaked, and dirty. While driving, I get a thought. I could easily throw you into a cell but where's the fun in that? You've provided me with entertainment so far. Besides...I'm going to do my own experiment with you.", Edge finished up Puff's wounds and finished bandaging them.

"An... experiment? What do you mean by that?", Something in Puff's chest sinks. His soul pulsed. He didn't like how this sounded at all.

"Well...I'm trying a different approach. Nothing bad...just different. I'm going to do a little experiment with you. If it succeeds, well, then your life will go back to normal. If not, then I have to take you to jail and let the higher officers deal with you."

Puff felt better...until he mentioned the higher officers,'Oh no. Please no.", A shiver was sent down his spine.

"I-I would rather not meet the higher ranking officers. I wouldn't want to mess with them."

"Damn right! Even I have to give them all my respect when they step foot into my office. Even if they are a little...heavy handed. You think I'm bad? You should see one of the officers from the parade district. He's the worst cop in the whole district, a much different attitude then the rest of the officers. Whatever he wants, he gets. Him and two others."

"Well...let's hope it doesn't come to that...", Puff bites his lip. He'll have to stop his attitude and plans of running off again if he wants to never see those officers.

Edge gets up, going towards the kitchen,"I'll be making honey tea. Something to soothe yourself. We shouldn't be staying up too late, we're getting up early tomorrow.", A few clicks came from his oven as he turned it on. He gets his kettle and tea, now waiting for it to boil.

While Edge was busy, Puff looked over the photos. Many of them seemed like photos of him and his brother. A different scene was in each photo.

In one photo, Edge was young, perhaps a teen with, assuming, his brother. It looked like christmas morning and the two seemed happy. Edge was holding up a new toy while the other held books. Many astrology books.

In another photo, it was a picture of, assuming, his brother. They looked like they were in a bar. The skeleton had a flashy golden tooth and a collar around his neck. He looked absolutely wasted as he gave a smile to the camera. He was surrounded by shot glasses, some even knocked over.

In the last photo, it looked very old and worn out. The colors turned into shades of brown. Papyrus and the other skeleton were clearly young. Maybe preteens. Behind them was a tall figure, placing a hand on each child. Perhaps the father. He had sharp teeth, and cracks around his face. On his left eye, a crack extended up his skull. While on the right eye, a crack moved down towards the corner of his mouth. He looked intimidating. The smile in the photo...it didn't seem like a 'family friendly' smile. It was almost.... sinister. It made Puff uncomfortable.

"Hey Edge...if you don't mind me asking, who are these people in this photo? The one with the tall skeleton and...I guess your brother?", He asked.  He could hear Edge stop moving in the kitchen. Fuck. Did he hit a sensitive topic?? Edge stepped out, looking at the photo. He huffed and looked away, glaring at the air.