Chapter 33

Important A/N at the end. Please read.

*****

Third Person POV

"Selene, get back here!" Selene had her husband holler from behind her but she paid him no heed and continued to descend the stair case.

"Selene!" Taju screamed as he came into view, hot on her tail.

"You can't change my mind, Taju. This is my body, my life and I would do whatever I want with it. It's none of your business." She snapped back, turning around to face him. Taju looked at his wife, coming to the conclusion that he obviously didn't know this woman.

"Your body?! Your life?! You are my wife for God's sake. Your body is my body and your life is your life! You are carrying my child, our child! This is not your decision to make." Taju said matter of factly. Selene scoffed.

"We decided to wait for two years before having a child. I didn't plan for...this." She pointed to her still flat tummy and had a disgusted look on her face.

"I'm a top class Model and I want to keep it that way. This is going to ruin everything I've worked for. I didn't plan for this." She declared.

"Well, nature happened. We basically have sex on every flat surface in this house, no thanks to your very high and unquenchable libido. It was bound to happen one way or another and it's time to accept it!" Taju bellowed.

"Oh, so it's my fault now?" Selene placed her hand on her chest in hurt.

"I didn't say that!" Taju countered.

"I'm getting rid of this thing whether you like it or not!" Selene stated with a tone of finality in her voice.

"You will do no such thing, Selene. I forbid you from doing anything to hurt my child." Taju stated with equal authority. Selene flipped her brunette hair that had a touch of golden highlights.

"Watch me!" She said and walked out of the house. Taju followed her, grabbing his keys.

"Selene!" He hollered but she was already driving out of the gate. "Shit." He cursed as he ran out of the house and to his car. Reversing out of the gate, he sped after her even though she already had a head start.

I tried not to loose her on the express way but she was far too gone. He kept driving around, but he couldn't find her. He went to look for at her friends' place but none of them knew where she was. Frustrated, he returned home, praying in his heart that nothing happens to her.

****

"Hello?" Taju said to the unknown receiver, his tall frame slouched on the Sofa in his living room. It was almost nine, late in the evening and Selene wasn't back. He had tried her lines but all were switched off. Now he was getting a call from an unknown person.

Hopefully it was connected to Selene.

"Good Evening. Please, am I unto Mr Taju Craig?" The female on the other line asked. Taju frowned.

"Yes, you are speaking to him. How may I help you?" He asked.

"I am calling to inform you that your wife, Mrs Selene has been admitted in our hospital for the past three hours and we just got your contact after retrieving her phone." The lady stated. Taju sat up in alert as fear gripped him.

"What?! How? When? What happened?" He asked frantically.

"She was involved in an accident and was brought into our hospital at exactly 6:00pm this evening." The lady said.