Chapter - 7

A few hours after that, the sun started to set and students were now heading back to their dorms or house. Both Hana and Soma were walking up a path that was supposed to lead her to the dorm. The red-haired male carried his charcoal grill with his right hand, his bag slung over his left shoulder. His white headband was wrapped around his left wrist as usual as he held a few papers with his left hand. A squid leg was hanging on his mouth as he chewed on the food. 'Damn...What's with this school?! It's ridiculously huge!' he told himself as both of them continued to walk up the path. It was abnormally quiet but it was probably because there were no more students walking around.

Hana adjusted the bag on her shoulder and munched a bar of chocolate she was holding on her right hand. Soma looked down onto one of the papers he had been holding this whole time. "When are we going to reach Polar Star Dormitory?" She questioned curiously before averting her gaze towards the buildings around them. Soma sighed quietly and glanced at her.

"I'm not sure. The sun's about to set. I'm so tired.....To top it off, I'm freezing! I'm so hungry that the squid's not cutting it anymore....." Once he said that he stopped and placed down the charcoal grill onto the ground and groaned. The wind blew one of his papers out of his hands but he didn't seem to care about it. Hana stopped and stood beside Soma. Unwrapping the scarf on her neck, she stood on her toes and wrapped the scarf on the red-haired male's neck. A light blush decorated his cheeks as she wrapped the fabric around his neck. Afterwards, She handed him one of her uneaten chocolate bars.

"Here. This might help you survive a little longer. Or you prefer biscuits?" She smiled. The red-haired male shook his head and accepted the chocolate bar. With that, Hana started to walk away but she immediately stopped when Soma grabbed her hands. Glancing at Soma with a smile, she tilted her head slightly.

"What's wrong Soma?"

"Your hands.....um, they are freezing, You should take care of yourself more, Hana," he stated and unwrapped the scarf. Soma made sure that the scarf was still on his neck when he wrapped the other half around her neck. A bright blush made its way to her cheeks as she felt Soma's fingers touch her neck.

"Thank you, Soma...."

"No, I should be thanking you, Hana" he grinned as he picked up his charcoal grill from the ground. Both of them continued to walk up the path to the Polar Star Dormitory. Soma looked to his right and then to his left. There were fancy buildings on either side, no they were everywhere. A building came into view. Soma's hopes went down the drain rather quickly.

Maybe, just maybe it was not the Polar Star Dormitory. Though once Soma and Hana noticed the sign, there was no running away. It looked like a rather run-down western-styled dormitory, covered with vines. Crows were sitting on top of the room and the fence, letting out noises. With a creepy exterior, she couldn't tell how it would look like in the inside

"Seriously?" was all Soma said after a long silence. Even though it looked run down on the outside, they both had no choice but to live in here since both didn't have any money to purchase accommodation. Pushing the doors open, followed by a creaking noise. In the centre of the first floor is a grand staircase that leads to the upper floor. There was no source of light on the first floor. It seemed like they were using the sun's light as a source of light, saving electricity.

"Hello?" Soma called out. However, he didn't receive any response. Frowning, they both remained on the first floor, waiting for someone to at least reveal themselves. Hana took a step forward and scan the place for a moment. At the corner of her eye, she saw smoke coming from the right side of the second floor. Moving her hand towards her mouth, she turned towards where the smoke was coming from.