the one with the sectumsempra

“Doubt me and you
lose everything.”

ALL THREE OF THEM were religiously ignoring me, except of course Ginny, who seemed smug and intrigued at the fact that I had shagged Draco Malfoy. As she took me off to the pitch every Saturday, all she could talk about was my relationship.

"I don't know how you do it," she said on the first Saturday after the Room of Requirements incident. Not many people knew, but Ginny knew, of course.

"Do what—Whoa," I said, almost falling off my broom.

"Be in a relationship with the same boy for so long," she said, steadying my broom.

"I had my eyes on him since forever, Ginny," I said. "I didn't even bother to look at anyone."

"You should know Harry is fucking pissed," she said, laughing lightly as my face contorted to fear as my broom jerked off too far above the ground. "C'mon, the Bravest Witch of the generation, scared of heights."

"Who says I'm the Bravest!" I said.

"Everyone," she said. "You should ask the portraits."

I steadied myself on the broom with barely concealed fear and said, "Harry's not talking to me at all."

"Is that so?" she asked sarcastically. "So you might not know that Dumbledore wants Harry to accompany him to destroy some Horcrux?"

"Excuse me—" my broom tipped forward and I slipped off it like a slide. Before I could fall off completely, I tightened my grip and hung on for dear life. "A little help, please," I said to Ginny who was laughing too much. She flew towards me lifting me back on my broom. "Now what did you say?"

"Dumbledore's taking Harry to destroy a Horcrux!"

"What Horcrux?"

"I don't know that," she said. "But—"

"Dumbledore doesn't believe me," I said, throwing up my arms, and promptly falling six feet below on the ground. "Ouch."

"You're a horrible student," she said flying down towards me.

"Shut up," I said. "I'll get back to you later. I need to see Dumbledore now."

"Good evening, Professor," I said as I walked in after knocking. "You seem overworked."

"Ah," he looked at me over his half moon spectacles. "What a surprise—"

"Really? Surprise?" I said exasperatedly. "Don't tell me you didn't expect me to come after you told Harry you'd take him somewhere to destroy the Horcrux I already destroyed in the!"

Dumbledore's stared at me quietly after my outburst, for several minutes, not saying anything.

"You don't trust me," I said. "I know you don't. That is why you set Harry out to retrieve Professor Slughorn's memories even though I told you exactly what had happened. That Voldemort had seven Horcruxes—Please, you know about Harry being the seventh Horcrux!" I shouted. "You knew you were raising Harry like a pig for slaughter anyway! What I don't understand is why are you going on a quest for something that's already done for?"

Dumbledore smiled slightly, making me want to throw something at his serene facade. "I wanted to see how bent you were on holding to your Prophecy."

"Pardon—"

"I wanted to see," he said again. "If you truly wished to protect your brother."

"Why wouldn't I—"