4) Old Friends?

We arrived at Jaehyuk's home, well I guess its my home for now too, with multiple shopping bags. We entered the house and Jaehyuk's mom was waiting at the entrance. We put the bags aside. "Explain." She said, she didn't sound angry, just a little annoyed.

"Remember Junkyu?" Jaehyuk said, his mom's eyes widened. "The guy who led to my daughter's-" She asked and Jaehyuk nodded, she suddenly looked angry and had her hand clenched into a fist. "He.. tried getting with Haneul, Haneul refused so he snapped on her. I decided its better for her to get away from the school for the rest of the day." He explained, his mom nodded. "You made the right choice." She walked away.

"Let's put these in your room." Jaehyuk said taking the shopping bags, I nodded and took some of them. We put the bags in my room. "Need help organizing them?" He asked, motioning towards the bags. "Yes please, if you don't mind." I requested, Jaehyuk smiled, I returned the smile and we started sectioning my clothes into my closet.

"So.. what happened to your sister?" I asked hesitantly. "If you don't want to share its totally okay." I added quickly and Jaehyuk chuckled. "No, its ok."

"Ah.. where do I start?" He sighed. "Well, my sister was dating Junkyu. I tried to warn her it wasn't a good idea and that he won't change but she didn't listen." He sat on my bed, I sat next to him. "One day, they fought and she came back with bruises all over her. It repeated every day until they broke up." His voice broke a little. "She locked herself in her room, didn't get out. She only got out when we were asleep or not home, since we noticed food was missing. I tried reaching out to her but she just didn't listen. Then.. one day, I woke to her laying in the kitchen, pale like the tiles. It was too late. She had no heartbeat. My sister died because of that jerk and he doesn't even remember her."

Jeahyuk started crying and sounded extremely angry at the last sentence. I hugged him and he cried into my shoulder. "I'm sorry." I said quietly and he shook his head. I patted his hair as he kept on crying. "Now we're equal, I made your shirt wet too." He said as he pulled away chuckling, trying to lighten the mood. I chuckled too and smiled. "I'm sure your sister is happy now." I said with a smile, Jaehyuk sniffed and nodded. "You're right, she's at a better place now."

•••

I was getting ready as I looked again at the scars on my ankles. I noticed them at the first day I got here, I wonder where they're from. I pulled my socks so that they were covering my ankles. I sighed and got out of my room into the dining room to eat breakfast. I sat down in front of Jaehyuk, he smiled when he saw me and I smiled back, he wasn't as cold as before. Mrs. Yoon came with breakfast in her hands.

We finished breakfast. "Let's go Haneul." Jaehyuk said as he looked at his watch. I nodded, we got out of the house, I walked a little behind Jaehyuk and he chuckled, he turned around with a smile. "Everyone already knows we somehow know each other, walk next to me." He said, I nodded and started walking next to him. We walked past two girls when suddenly I heard my name being called. "Lee Haneul?" Me and Jaehyuk turned around. The two girls we just passed by looked at me in shock.

"Yah, its really you! Do you know how worried we were? Where were you?" One of the girls started saying. I looked at her confused. "Do I know you?" I asked and the girl chuckled nervously. "You're joking, right? Its me, Yeeun." I shook my head and her eyes widened. Jaehyuk sighed. "She lost her memory." He said and Yeeun glared at him. "Yah! What did you do with my girl?!" She screamed at Jaehyuk.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head and my ears were ringing loudly. I held to the side of my head, my legs became weak and I fell to the floor. I saw Jaehyuk look at me with wide eyes and walk over to me. "Haneul, are you okay?" I heard him ask faintly, I couldn't make myself answer him as tears started forming in my eyes. Suddenly a memory struck my mind.

"Hey, Yeeun, Sorn, wanna go with me to the station." I asked as I played with a pocket knife. "You know, the one people go missing at." Yeeun and Sorn looked at me like I was crazy. "Yah! Don't go there, are you crazy?" Sorn yelled and I chuckled. "Don't you know me already?" I asked and she sighed. "I'm not going ever." Sorn said crossing her arm. "Yeeun?" I asked, she looked at me and shook her head. "Never." She said cutely and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, you guys are boring." I said, throwing the pocket knife at a wall and walking away. "Be careful!" Sorn yelled as I walked out.

I looked up to see Yeeun and Sorn look at me worriedly. "Yeeun and Sorn?" I questioned, they both smiled widely and nodded. "What about her parents?" Jaehyuk asked, Yeeun and Sorn sighed. "She's an orphan." Sorn said, Jaehyuk nodded. "We need to get go school." Jaehyuk said and searched for his phone, he gave it to them. "Let's meet later, I'll text you." He said, Yeeun nodded and took his phone, she put her number in with a smile.

"Let's go, Haneul." Jaehyuk said, helping me stand up. I thanked him and tried standing by my own, I succeeded in doing so. We waved goodbye to Yeeun and Sorn and walked away. "I still don't trust that guy." I heard Yeeun tell Sorn before we were out of hearing range.

We arrived at school and I saw some people looking at us, but I felt a hard glare. I looked around and locked eyes with Junkyu, his eyes hard and cold. I quickly looked away, Jaehyuk noticed it. "Hey, let's get to class." He whispered softly and I nodded, we sat down and I noticed Yeji glaring at me, I avoided her gaze and talked to Jaehyuk. "So, when will we meet the girls?" I asked. "After school, I'll text them then." He said and I nodded, then the teacher entered the classroom.