Zuko's worried about his princess

Sorry it took so long updating, I have a new Zukaang short story I was working on.
Also look at this^^^

Zuko's POV

"It's just been thirty minutes Zuko, calm down." Toph says from her place by the unlit fire pit. The sun had just started to set. There wasn't much need for a fire right now. Toph's looking better, when she and Sokka had come back from the woods. Toph's eyes had been red and shiny.

Now though, she's back to her aloof attitude. For that I'm grateful. I don't know Toph that well, but I know when she cries something seriously bad is up.

"Exactly it's been thirty minutes. It doesn't take that long to collect herbs." I mutter. Still pacing by the edge of the road. Katara scoffs from beside the tent.

"What would you know about gathering wild herbs?" She said smugly, raising an eyebrow in challenge. I looked right back at her and frowned.

"Tea, I help the collectors gather it every once and awhile. If you know where to look it shouldn't take this long." Katara rolls her eyes and goes back to weaving a few long strands of grass together. Both Sokka and Toph give her upset frowns.

"What? I was just asking Princey a question." She jabbed her thumb at me. They had been calling me that recently. Ever since Toph called me that a few days ago. I personally don't mind it. I know Toph though doesn't like Katara using her nicknames.

"Hey, I'm the only one who's allowed to call him that!" Toph said annoyed. The waterbender obviously took offence, and opened her mouth to say something, probably overly rude. She never got a chance.

Sokka put up a finger to shush her. "I'm going to stop you right there Katara." He said glumly. Toph sent him a quick grateful smile, that escaped neither me or Katara. Something happened in the woods. "Anyway Zuko's just worried about his princess?"

"My princess?" I say trying to hold back a small smile.

"Yes your princess, you are a prince therefore Aang is your princess." Sokka said simply, shrugging like it was obvious. I raised my eyebrow.

"You know Sokka, you're technically a prince." Toph said, smirking. Katara snorted.

"Him? A prince? Please, I've seen penguins smarter than him." Said the waterbender.

"Hey! I am very smart, thank you very much." Sokka defended his falling reputation.

"Uh-huh, didn't you want to prove that people didn't need eyelids. And ended up with dirt in your eyes for hours, trying to test it out?" Toph teased.

"That was your fault Toph. If it weren't for you then I'd be right!" Katara and Toph exchanged an amused glance.

"Yeah right." Toph and Katara said at the same time. Both equally shocked. But then continued teasing Sokka. Building off each other's insults. In a bit they forgot to actually insult him directly. They just started talking about Sokka. Both exchanging stories about his numerous failures. It was the first time I've seen the two of them getting along this well. Who knew picking on Sokka could be something to bond over?

Sokka, meanwhile, was sitting off to the side grumpily pouting. As the women recounted the time Sokka accidentally ate some of Appa's fur.

"It was in my sleep!" Sokka defended, causing both women to laugh harder. I smiled fondly at the group, careful they didn't notice. Not wanting to interrupt the girl's bonding and Sokka's pouting. I started pacing again.

Back on the warship, this was the only form of long walks I had. Walking back and forth back and forth in circles. I guess it's a habit I never really shook off.

I was serious earlier, it shouldn't take this long to get wild herbs. Even though it would have to be enough nutrients for an entire field. Plus or minus the pig sty. Even if it is an enlarged amount of herbs it shouldn't take more than thirty minutes. It has been forty. That is not ideal.

Plus with that firebender herbalist going along with him...

I just don't like it.

I continue pacing getting more and more frustrated. "Hey Zuko!" Sokka called, shaking me out of my stupor. I looked up at him, he was waving me over.

After forcing myself to relax slightly, I headed over. I sat down, and snapped my fingers. Flames sparking to life, putting a little desire into the spark to make it stronger. I flicked the flame to various spots on the heap of wood. It didn't take long for the flame to rise quickly.

Katara murmured her thanks, as she set to work grilling some duck and corn. The sun fully set and a few stars were coming out. Gleaming timidly against the giant expanse of dark blue.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stand up startling everyone. "I'm gonna look for Aang I mutter." Katara looks up at me, true surprise in her eyes.

"Why?"

I grinned warily.

"Because he's my princess."

Aang's POV

Why do I even try and scream? I'll tell you bitch, so I can get us out of a pit of goo.

If I said that out loud I doubt my ancestors would forgive me. Plus that would be extremely unavatar like. But let me tell you this, it is very tempting.

"HELP!! KATARA, SOKKA, TOPH, SOMEBODY!!!" I scream again. I really wished we were in Toph's feeling range.

"Would you stop that, it's hurting my earsssss." Syrah, the herbalist, whined next to me again. I breathed deeply, and put on a fake smile.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Of course."

"Then stop whining." I snipped. "HELP! ZUKO!!! SOMEONE GET US OUT OF HERE! THIS WIMPY NOODLE GOT US TRAPPED!!!" I yelled. Smiling for real when I saw Syrah bristle in annoyance.

"HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!" I screamed louder, my voice growing horse.

"Aang?" A faint gruff voice called. I grinned, and so did Syrah.

"ZUKO! OVER HERE!! HERE!! FOLLOW MY VOICE!" I shouted happily. Glad that someone was coming to help us.

"I'm trying but there's tons of mud traps." Zuko called from the north. I tried my very hardest to glare at Syrah. But it was hard when I was stuck looking up at the sky.

"YEAH WE'RE STUCK IN ONE. BE CAREFUL THEY'RE NOT PLEASANT!"

"I can tell you airhead." Said a voice directly above me. I looked as far as I could, and saw Zuko above us. Amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Zuko!" I squealed, happy that someone had found us. "Get us out of here?" I asked hopefully. Zuko hummed softly and looked around.

"How?" I blinked, and chuckled nervously.

"I hadn't really thought that far ahead." Zuko sighed, and shook his head fondly.

He looked around some more. Then his eyes landed on something behind me. I couldn't see it. I tried to turn but no luck. "What is it?"

Zuko looked shocked, then hopeful, then just plain happy. Smile and all. "I have a crazy idea, but I need some help from a flying bison."

Word count: 1153
{unedited}