Chapter 1

Naomi was enjoying the fair, everyone was having a good time. Zach sat in the buggie watching with his twin brother Cody: both light blond, tall, heavyset young men. They were sizing others up for the serious games that were to be held later that night.

Too bad Naomi would not be there to celebrate with her other friends in the wins. She was getting hot and worried about the farm; ever since her father died she ran the farm by herself with some help from some work hand in the town. The sudden feeling of wrong attacked her, she needed to get to the plantation no matter what. She turned to Zach putting as much infuses in facial expression as possible. "Please Zach, just a quick drive back to the farm. I promise you won't be late for the important challenges."

He looked down at her pleading expression with her clasped together at her breasts. "I don't know..."

"Pleeeaaase. Please, please, please,please,pleeeaase?"

He looked closer at her bright green eyes dotted with freckles underneath and around her nose. "Alright but make it quick, and Cody is coming with us."

"Thank you so much," she beamed at him with great appreciation.

***

Everything was fine at the plantation, so then why did Naomi still have this weird premonition that something bad was still going to happen? That is because on the way back something unusual happened. On the way back, in the open clearing, appeared something that has never showed its face here before. Strangers from the outside world all cirlcleing around in the forest with drawn swords and daggers.

The horses veered to the left tossing Naomi out and into the hard packed ground. Cody immediately jumped out to protect her yelling to Zach, "Go get help!"

He nodded, guiding the horse and buggy to the village and through the line. They let him pass without even sending a team to follow or stop him. 'what did they want?' Cody thought as he knelt beside Naomi helping her up.

A man in grubby clothes, beer gut belly stepped forward, and a beard down to his chest. "Listen will well," he said in a gravilly vioce as he stopped in front of them. "I m lookinf for the Rudy Singowits. There is a certain debt that needs to be paid."

Naomi sat up with the help of Cody. "He's dead. I'm his daughter. How much does he owe you? Maybe I can pay it?"

"I sorry, lass, but it's not that kind of debt." He turned to the others surrounding them. "Take her with us."

Naomi cowered behind Cody as he blocked from those coming to collect her. Two fo them grabed him, whlie the others grabed her. "No stop!" she screamed, struggling with her mild strength that was getting her nowhere.

The leader held up his hand stopping all movement. "What is your name, lass?"

She lifted her beteewn the two holding her. "Na-Naomi, sir."

"You come willing and we wont hurt that boy over there," he pionted at Cody holding his sword up.

"Don't listen-" they covered his mouth.

She nodded her head. "I'll do it."

He nodded his head and they nocked him out leaving him there on the ground. They tied her hands behind her back. She stared down at her dearest freind knowing in her heart that she would be back, but she would nver be the same as she was now. The leader gave the signal and they were off, leaving behind the world she knew.

When further in the woods, they covered her head with a hood and tossed her over the shoulders of one of the strongest members. After that it was a hard and fast non-stop pace, with Naomi being bounced up and down onsomeone's shoulders.

She was scared and frightened. Constantly blaming herself for not having more confidence in her field hands, on not just enjoying the fair with the rest of her friends, for endangering Cody the way she did. What did these people have to do with her father. She had heard stories from him about places beyond the island, but he would always end them with it was just a story. Were they? Did her father live that life of adventure and near-death-experience?

Suddenly the man stopped, jarring in her with the sudden momentum. A familiar voice rang out. "We rest here." It was the leader.

Naomi was slowly lifted down from her perch and set feet first gently on the ground. Some on removed her hood from behind, revealing the leader in front of her sitting on a log. "Come," hes said. "Sit,"he designated the stump in front of him. She cautiously made her way to the stump, trying not to attract attention. He nodded. "My name is Goana and the is the pirate crew of the Elizabeth. My captain, Luna, told me to bring in your father or the next of kin." He paused with a great sigh, running his hand through his hair. "We will take a quick five minute break then be back on track."

He got up to leave but Naomi stopped him. "Why are you doing this?"

He slightly smiled, showing a few missing teeth and some rotted ones. "All will be explained shortly."