Chapter 3

The waves were calming as the sun was making its slow fall over the horizon; the wind picking up speed pushing and pulling the ship attached to the bottom floor. "Prepare to cast off!" Luna shouted as he stepped up beside Goanna by the helm.

"Sir," Goanna said, "what of the girl?"

Luna looked strait of into the distance watching the sunset. "Unlock the door when are out at sea.Don't let her near the blood closet."

The crew was all in a hustle as they worked to get far out to sea away from the secrete island. As the island disappeared completely from view, Goanna unlocked Naomi's cabin leaving her door wide open. Later as the, sun completely disappeared from sight, she stepped out into the starlit night to the railing. Her unkempt hair was flailing in the wind, the bottom of her tattered dress slapping against her legs. She stared out into the night thinking of her home, everyone back on the island probably worried to death about her. Unexpectedly, she was not all that upset that she was leaving her home; mostly excited about her new adventure that her life was taking her. She did wish she could have said a more proper goodbye to all her friend. Especially-

"Strange isn't it?" Luna said all of the sudden beside her.

His sudden appearance caused her to "eep" highly. "You startled me," she said with her hand over her heart.

He chuckled slightly, pulling out a gold chain necklace supporting a ruby the size of her eye. "This," he said, "is a tracker. Now you are on the ship. Later you will be allowed to leave and if you are ever taken away I will find you." He leaned forward and snapped it around her neck.

She lifted the ruby to inspect it more closely. "What makes you think I wont run away?"

He smiled at her cheekiness. "I am the only one who knows the location of your home. And you don't want to make the mistake of running from me. There are worse things out there." He turned and walked toward the stairs.

"Luna?" came her unsure voice. "Why did you want my father?"

He turned his head slightly to the left catching sight of her. "If you that answer I suggest you join me for dinner in my cabin." He continued to walk up the stairs.

Left alone, Naomi suddenly grew scared and ran back into her cabin and shut the door.

***

Luna came up beside Goanna at the helm. "Do you think it wise, Captain, telling the girl everything?"

He smirked slightly at his first mate. "Bit by bit, Goanna. Bit by bit." He looked underneath him where Naomi's cabin was. "Prepare a feast in my quarters for two. Then bring Naomi to me once you give her something to change into." He walked off to below decks trusting his first mate that nothing would go wrong.

***

Naomi was sitting against the head board of her bed thinking on what everyone in the town would think of her now? She missed them with a terrible ache in her heart.

The door squeaked open with a protest. "Naomi," it was Goanna. "Change into one of them there dresses in that trunk. Dinner will be in ten."

After he left she casually made her way to the trunk and opened it. It was filled with the beautiful gowns she had ever seen. She pulled them out one by one laying them on the bed so she could look at all the potential. She decided to choose the lavender one with the layered skirts and the one flower at the heart of the bosom. It fit her quite perfectly like it was made specifically for her; the skirts almost touching the ground as they flared out gently from her hips, and the top not revealing any cleavage but most of her chest.

She took it upon herself to make her way to Luna's cabin when she thought they were given enough time to prepare dinner. The room was filled with candles set in threes here and there giving the room a dim essence. A moderate long table covered most of the middle of the room with the food occupying the end closer to the door. Two chairs sat at the far end with adequate room for comfortably. Luna stood there by one chair on the right side of the head chair holding ready for her.

"You look marvelous," he breathed as she sat delicately in the seat.

Her eyes never left the delicious buffet set out before her; the smells wafting her face. Her father did his best to teach his daughter to behave like a lady at all time. out of habit she now carefully laid her napkin in her lap and delicately folded her hands on top.

Luna had his elbows on the table and was leaning forward on his clasped hands. "Go ahead and eat, and I'll tell you all you need to know."

She went ahead and got more of a helping than a 'lady' should.

"I knew your father when he was a cabin-boy on a naval ship. He didn't know that the ship had a spy for the Eastern Kingdom-"

"Kingdom?"

"Yes there are two in the world. I belong to the Western Kingdom. When we attacked the ship, he was the only survivor."

"Because he was a small boy?"

"No. Because he killed anyone who got close to him. We had to dose him with strong medication just to get him to calm down. When i talked to him I realized that he was very intelligent for one so young. He easily agreed to be part of my crew. One of the greatest fighters you'll ever find."

"Why do you need him now?"

He poured her and himself a glass of wine. After taking a sip he continued, "I need a favor. A man took my whole fleet from me about three months ago and I seek revenge." He sighed , rubbing his head. "Unfortunately he is gone and you remain with his blood."

"I don't understand."

"Your bloodline is very unique. It holds all abilities every creature out there has. Your father discovered and mastered them before he left us. I have sworn revenge for my fallen comrades and will see it accomplished. Will you help me and become a pirate? I can train you to unlock those abilities that just lye dormant."

That was allot to take in for her. She understood her father some, at times he spook well like he was very well taught and acted civil. But she could never picture her well mannered father behaving like a pirate. She distracted herself by looking at Luna, he had not eaten anything. "Don't you eat?"

"My dear, like the rest of the crew I am a vampire that does not have a usual diet." There was a long pause of stressed silence. "Perhaps you should rest and think about my offer."