Part 7

I drove to the hospital with the ambulance. I couldn't stop crying, not even when people told me it was going to be okay and that she only passed out of high blood pressure. But i knew it was something far more serious than that.

Reaching to the hospital my mom was placed into a ward and had alot of check-ups. Since i wasn't allowed to go inside until the check-ups are done i had already drank 5-6 cups of coffee and chewed all of my nails off. When i looked at the clock it was already 9PM and my mom still hadn't woken up.

I felt anxiety rising in me more and more as time passed by. Until then i felt like crying an ocean so i needed someone to distract me and i called stan over.

When i heard Stan running to the hallway where i sat infront of my moms ward, i ran to hug him without saying anything, because that was all i needed now.

,,Tori, what's going on?" He raised my head up and lookes tightly into my eyes. I saw alot of sadness and concern in his eyes, so i tried to talk to him instead of crying.

,,Mom collapsed when i showed him the letter. Doctors said it was from high blood pressure, but i know theres something else because they have been taking so many tests and haven't told me anything yet. I mean ... what if she's sick, what if .... she's not going to be okay?" I felt pain in my chest because i knew i already had cancer, and i have accepted that already in some ways... but i don't want something to happen to my mom.

,,Tori, look at me" He raised my head again and wiped away my tears but failed, because they were flowing back.

,,Answer me ... Do you think she's going to be okay? Because if you believe in it ... she's going to be okay." 

I couldn't answer because my mind was all over the bad things that had happened until this day.

,,Tori, answer me. Do you believe in it?" He made me look into his eyes and i slightly nodded yes at him trying not to cry.

After another hour of waiting the doctors finished all they had to do and came out of the room.

,,Miss Tori? Are you her daughter?"

,,Yes. i am." I answered holding my hands together as they shook.

,,You may go inside, your mother has woken up." A slight smile creeped out of my lips and when the doctors left, i ran inside and hugged my mom as tight as i could.

,,Tori, your choking me." Mom smiled as she tried to unattach me from her a little bit. 

,,Mom, are you okay? I was so worried i sat outside for like 10 hours. I think i have diabetes from coffee now ... "

Mom laughed and held my hand saying she's okay. ,, The doctors said to stay in the hospital for a while, they still need to run some tests in order to confirm i am okay." 

,,Why do they do so many tests? Isn't one enough to confirm it. Doctors are so slow these days." I made a puty face at it and my mom messed up my hair saying not to worry.

,,I will bring you some clean clothes, toothbrush and paste, books to read and an iPad so you can play games or something." 

,,Do i look like someone from this century? I thought old people don't use smartphones and iPads." she laughed at me waiting for my answer.

,,Oh mom , please ... you look like 25. Is 25 old already? " Talking to mom i had already forgotten that stan was also here. He was standing on the other side like a statue not saying anything so i decided to make the first step. 

,,Hey you why do you look like a statue of liberty standing there?" He laughed at me.

,,What's so funny?"

,,Nothing. I thought statue of liberty was a female and holds one of her hands up while wearing a dress."

,,Believe me, i can force to wear a dress if i want to. So watch your back next time you walk to school, someone might kidnap you." He playfully made a move like he was all scared.

After a week or so my mom was finally discharged from the hospital.