The Finale Escape to safety

The dwarves quickly scramble to there weapons and Kili runs to Adrianna's side. "Adrianna come on you have to get up we have to run." Kili pleads to her as she struggles to stand. The flesh of her back stretches at the movement and the pain rips through as she finally lets a small groan escape her lips. Kili feels his heart breaking at the sound as Fili sprints to them with there weapons. Adrianna forces herself to stand with the help of the brother's. She takes her daggers and place them in the sheaths before wielding her sword with a look they had never seen before. She lets out a battle cry that shocks the dwarves for a moment before attacking the nearest set of goblins as the King topples over the edge of the cliff from Thorin's attack. They watch as she single handedly takes out ten goblin soldiers with in a few minutes, twirling around slashing their throats. "Follow me. Quick! Run!" Gandalf calls for them and they all take off running after him through the halls of Goblin Town. As they ran Dwalin and some of the dwarves used a pole to sweep the goblins out of there path, Kili was behind Adrianna and he could see the blood soaking the back of her shirt. They needed to escape and quickly! Kili moved in front of her and grabbed a ladder lowering it and with some help they charged forward knocking more goblins into the caverns below. The then came to a walk way suspended by ropes, once they were all on Fili cut the rope causing the platform to swing. A group of them made it off but Fili, Adrianna, and a few others were still on it as it swung back to the goblins. As the pendulum bridge swings back the rest leap to safety, Kili catching Adrianna as she falls forward. Gandalf and Fili being the last off, Fili turns and cuts the rope still supporting the bridge. The goblins seem stuck momentarily, as the company continues to flee Gandalf knocks a boulder down and it rolls down the slope clearing the path ahead, but once they reach the stone bridge they are stopped by the Goblin King bursting up in front of them and the goblins chasing them swarm in behind, trapping them. Gandalf stands at the front of the group as the Great Goblin speaks, "You thought you could escape me?" He swings his club at Gandalf causing the wizard to step back. "What are you going to do now, wizard?" He asks mockingly. Gandalf then leaps forward stabbing him in the eye with his staff and swinging his sword to slice through the stomach of the oversized goblin. The goblin falls to his knees shouting, and then Gandalf slits his throat causing the bridge to crumble with the weight of the now dead Goblin King falling on it.

          Everyone scrambles to find something to hold onto as the bridge slides down the cavern walls. Kili wraps his arm around Adrianna's waist holding her close to him so she won't fall. Her fierce energy seems to have faded after all the running. She can feel the adrenaline fading quickly as they fall to the floor. "Well, that could have been worse." Bofur jokes when they have come to a stop at the bottom, but as soon as the words leave his mouth the Great Goblin lands on them causing Dwalin to shout. "You've got to be joking!" As they pull themselves from the rubble Kili pulls Adrianna to a standing position and she points behind him. He looks up and sees the troves of goblins running at them. "Gandalf!" He calls moving towards the wizard still supporting the small figure he had come to care for so deeply and so suddenly. "There's too many! We can't fight them." Dwalin reasons. "Gandalf beckons the company to follow him, "Only one thing will save us: daylight! Come on! Here, on your feet!" Thy were off again sprinting to the exit of the mountain, and to safety.

          "Five, six, seven, eight… Bifur, Bofur… that's ten… Fili, Kili, Adrianna… that's thirteen… and Bombur, that makes fourteen. Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit?" Gandalf questions counting the member of the party. The dwarves are quick to lay blame for the loss of the hobbit and an argument ensues over who was responsible for him. "I'll tell you what happened." Thorin says stepping forward. "Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since he first stepped out his door!" Thorin continued. "We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone." Then from out of nowhere Bilbo appears from behind a tree, "No he isn't." The company turns to see the hobbit standing there looking nervous. They then begin to ask how he escaped, "Well, what does it matter? He's back!" Gandalf says. Kili seizes the moment to look properly at Adrianna's back along with Fili. "I am fine. I swear it's nothing I can't handle." The girl insists. "It's not nothing!" Kili says harshly, "It looks like ground meat." Fili adds. Adrianna stands up straight. "Boys, I appreciate the concern, I promise I have suffered worse than this. I will live." She says looking them both in the eyes and smiles softly. Kili didn’t want to hear that she had suffered worse, it pained his heart.