Confrontation

Começar do início

Closing the front door Scarlett huffed out an irritated breath and tried to concentrate. As soon as they returned she would make certain to have a personal chat with her sister.

When the afternoon rolled around Sir Heart departed from home and Larisa arrived to take Mia in search of a dress. The house laid vacant as she gathered what was left of lunch into the kitchen. She hurried to clean for fear that Dathan would arrive and find that the house was a mess. When finished she reached her room and changed into a green satin dress that complimented her bright colored hair.

It was the knock on the front door that made her suddenly freeze as she descended down the stairs. She stared at it for a moment before rushing towards it. She took a deep breath and opened it, greeting whomever stood on the other side with a smile.

"Camille?" whispered Scarlett.

Camille had changed over the last six months; she look fuller, her rosy pink cheeks burned bright red and her long golden curls rested over her shoulders. Scarlett didn't know what to do, she felt a small hint of panic hit her the moment Camille took a step forward.

"Please, don't be afraid...I just wanted to beg you to forgive me," she said, taking yet another step.

Scarlett shook her head and placed a hand over the scar that was still struggling to heal. Her grip tightened around the knob all the more and she hurried to close the door. Camille pressed a hand to door a look of plead crossing her eyes.

"Please, I really mean you no harm," she explained. She pushed herself inside and closed the door with a light click of the lock. Dressed in a wool dark coat Camille quickly removed it to reveal a swollen belly. "I'm going to be a mother soon," she muttered, her hand resting over her babe.

Scarlett felt disappointment overwhelm her as she looked away, unable to bear with the news that was about to befall her.

"Is it, Dathan's?" she asked holding herself.

Camille studied Scarlett for a moment and then took a deep breath and answered with a simple yes. Scarlett's heart shattered to hear the news and she felt tears spill.

"Is he aware?" she asked.

"No, and he never will be, there is no reason for me to let him know, he want's nothing to do with me." She sighed in disappointment.

"He might never want to see you again but he is entitled to know as the father of this child," Scarlett replied.

"That is out of the question. All I want is for my child to be born without having to be torn between two worlds." She stated.

"Camille you cannot raise that child on your own, Dathan is entitled to know. How far along is your babe?" Scarlett persisted.

"Eight month's this winter. However, I am not here to seek confrontation with the man that threw me out of his home before I could tell him I was with child. I am here to seek your forgiveness. Can you ever find it in you to forgive me for ever hurting you. I let anger and greed blind me. I seek to start anew, but I cannot if I do not have your personal forgiveness." She insisted.

Scarlett let out a small sigh and considered her words. There was nothing more she wanted as well than to move forward with her life. She knew that things would change and time would fade away the terrible nightmares she sometimes had of that fateful night. She also understood that Camille did not want this hatred between them both to haunt her in raising this small child.

Scarlett lifted her gaze and held that of Camille's with a small smile she finally uttered the words her foe had been wanting to hear. "I forgive you Camille, go about your life and raise that baby. Teach it right from wrong and never let any harm befall it." She advised.