chap. 26 || slumber

Začať od začiatku

"Alright, is everyone here?"

"Yessir!"

"Ok. About the inter high preliminaries..." Yasufumi kept his posture up for a moment, shifting his position for a while before opening his eyes and looking up. "...It had come to my attention that our prefecture is going to host the nationals next year, so we are going to have 3 slots until we make it to nationals. Instead of 2 slots like the usual..."

The boys gasped a bit. "3 slots?" Yaku repeats.

"3 slots for 3 representatives. That goes for whoever wins in the inter high preliminaries. But do be careful...." the coach says. You winced in your position because the coach sounded like he was going to kidnap someone. "Both Itachiyama and Fukurodani are up for the nationals, too. So you guys better not let your guard down..."

'FUKURODANI IS GOING?!! I CAN'T WAIT!!' You thought to yourself as you grasped your notepad tightly.

'I wonder how Yukie-San and Kaori-San are...? Are their team doing ok? And is Akaashi fine along with Bokuto-San...?' You added to yourself.

"But- wait! Sir, isn't Itachiyama where one of the top 3 aces study in?"

'Wait- what?'

Yasufumi grins, "Yes, Yaku. Itachiyama is where one of the greatest aces studies in. Do you guys know what his name is?" The coach questions. When Nobuyuki was about to answer the old coach's question, Kuroo jumped in.

"Kiyoomi Sakusa."

"That's right..." replies coach Nekomata. Yasufumi continues to explain about the spring preliminaries, all of the boys listening very carefully with serious faces on. Meanwhile you were wondering off on your own little wide mind.

'I wonder what Sakusa looks like...or what he's like...I can't wait for the preliminaries...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
5:46pm

"Alright! That's all for today!"

"Thank you very much!"

"Thank you so much!"

After practice had ended, your group gathered around to help clean the gym up before locking the place and leaving for the day. Although, You guys had to be quick about cleaning the place up. Because, the skies were a bit dark, but not too dark, and it wasn't night time. It was about to rain.

For some reason, you had no idea that it was going to rain in a day like this. It was summer, so you were confused of how there was rain in this kind of season. But it was also a relief since it was hot in the afternoons. Picking the volleyballs up, you spot Yamamoto still practicing his spikes along with Teshiro and Lev. Tired, you yelled calmly at them, "You guys! Why are you still practicing??"

"I'm want to improve my spikes! Give us some more time, if you please!" Lev begs. "Also, Teshiro-Kun wanted time try improving his sets," adds Lev. You let out another sigh, "Alright, just please hurry up so we could lock this place up."

"Sure will!"

You continued to clean the place up along with Shibayama who agreed to help you before going home. It had been a rough day, including that only a few were there to help you with your business as a manager. But if you would pick any of the boys in your team that was the most helpful, you would choose Shibayama.

But, while cleaning the court with the boys, you noticed someone was missing. And you already know who that person was. It was Kenma. You asked Kuroo where the 2nd year setter was but even Kuroo had no idea where he went.