TEN

Gemma didn't like using alarms. The noises were always loud and annoying, and they usually triggered her 'fight or flight' response. Waking up for work was always a difficult feat with her. So when she got the chance, Gemma would rely on the sun to wake her up.

Her room had huge windows that couldn't be dimmed by blackout curtains. It was the exact opposite of Pete's room. In fact, Pete's entire downstairs apartment (aka his mom's basement) was void of any natural light.

Gemma found herself confused when she woke up in the pitch black room. Her face was squished into a pillow and there was a strange pressure around her waist. She rolled over in confusion, but stopped when she hit something. To be more specific, someone.

The memories of the night before came back to Gemma quickly. She looked down at the arm around her waist and smiled. Her whole body felt like it was on fire in the best way possible.

Gemma took a deep breath, inhaling the scents in the bedroom. It definitely smelled like a man lived there, but it wasn't bad. She had grown up around men her whole life, but this was so much better. Something about this was almost comforting to Gemma.

Gemma shifted her positioning slightly so she could feel around on the bedside table, where she assumed she had left her phone. Once she found it, she turned it on to check the time.

She shriveled back at the intense light that now filled the pitch black room, but quickly adjusted. Shockingly enough, it was only around eight thirty. Gemma was expecting it to be much later considering she was a heavy sleeper.

Without thinking, Gemma angled her phone so that the light of her screen shone on Pete's face. The white light made him look paler than normal but Gemma didn't mind at all. He looked so peaceful. Something about the way he slept looked so young and innocent and Gemma absolutely adored it.

Reluctantly, Gemma turned of her phone a placed it on the bed beside her. She felt a slight shift in the bed next to her and Pete rolled closer to her. His arm wrapped tighter around her waist as he buried his head into her stomach.

Gemma laughed, trying to keep it is quiet as possible so that she didn't risk waking Pete up. Gemma softly ran her fingers through Pete's short, curly hair. It was soft and fell over his face gracefully.

Gemma drifted off slowly, once again being held by Pete.

However nothing can last forever, and the comfortable position that the two were in was no exception. While Gemma had been asleep, her phone had slipped under her. She was jolted awake by the persistent vibrating coming from under her. Gemma rolled her eyes, reaching around to find where exactly her phone was.

Gemma felt herself tense up as Pete shifted next to her.

"Shit," she mumbled, in fear that she had woke him up. However there was no need to worry. Pete was an extremely heavy sleeper. As long as it was somewhat dark, Pete could sleep anywhere and in any position.

Once Gemma was sure that Pete was still asleep, she continued to look for her phone. She slowly wiggled out of Pete's arms so she could stand up and look. As she stepped out of bed she shivered at the loss of contact, as while as the cool air that was outside of the warm blanket. Gemma felt around on the ground for any article of clothing she could put on over her undergarments, stopping when she found a t-shirt. She kicked it up in the air and caught it before putting it on.

Gemma let out a groan when she saw that her phone was right in the middle of the bed. She grabbed it and checked for who had called. It seemed that the phone call that woke her up was not the first one she had recived. In fact she had a total of 15 missed calls from both Jacob and Matt.

Gemma giggled to herself. It had been a long time since she had spent the night with a boy, but nothing about the way Jacob and Matt reacted had changed. They still freaked out every time.

Gemma quickly texted Jacob where she was in order for him to pick her up.

The room was still dark so Gemma utilized the flashlight on her phone to find her clothes. Gemma was surprised to find that her clothes were scattered so far apart. She laughed to herself at the fact that her dress had been carelessly slung over a doorknob. Once she had gathered all her clothes she rolled them into a little ball before slipping her shoes from last night back on. She decided that she wanted to keep the shirt from Pete's floor. At least for now.

Gemma didn't have a lot of experience when it came to good boyfriends. Sure she had boyfriends but not many of them were serious about her. So getting the opportunity to borrow a potential boyfriend's shirt was a big deal to her.

Considering the height difference between the two of them, Pete's shirt reached mid- thigh on Gemma. She wouldn't say it out loud but the shirt alone made her heart beat fast.

Gemma rolled her eyes and smiled. She was so fucking whipped.

Gemma checked her phone quickly, seeing that Jacob had texted her that he was outside. Gemma figured it was hopeless to try and find a piece of paper to write Pete a note, so she decided to text him once she had reached the car.

She quietly tiptoed up the stairs. Well, as quietly as she could in her boots. Once she got to the top of the stairs, she peered around the corner to make sure that none of Pete's family members were present. Gemma hated doing the walk of shame. And even though she had no shame about the previous night and she really liked Pete, she had a persistent paranoia about everything being one sided.

Gemma decided the coast was clear and continued to walk to the car that was waiting outside. Once she had made it out the door, Gemma looked at Jacob and smiled widely.

"Get in here and tell me fucking everything," Jacob yelled out the window.

Gemma jogged down the front steps of the car and jumped in the passengers seat. She let out a squeal and kicked her legs around like a child that had just been given candy.

"So you had fun?" Jacob asked, amused by her little outburst.

Gemma threw her head back dreamily and sighed, "The most fun I've had in a long time."

Jacob threw his hand up in the air for a high five. Gemma hit her hand against his before adjusting herself so that her legs were up on the seat and she was turned toward her brother.

"And would I be correct in the assumption that you are wearing his shirt?" Jacob wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"Maybe," Gemma mused, drawing out the end of the word.

Jacob jokingly pursed his lips and widened his eyes, "And how was he in that respect?"

Gemma smacked her lips together and stuck her finger out at Jacob, "Now, now. I don't need to tell you everything."

Gemma watched as Jacob side-eyed her and raised his eyebrows.

She licked her lips before breaking her silence, "Okay fine he was good. Really good."

"You know what? I regret asking."

"I knew you would," Gemma chuckled before taking out her phone and opening the Messages app. She thought for a moment before sending her text to Pete.

"Sorry I had to leave while you were sleeping, my brother and Matt were kinda freaking out about where I was. I had a shit ton of fun and I really hope we do something like that again soon. I like your basement btw. :)"

lowkey a filler chapter but i kinda wanted to do the morning after😳
also y'all are the absolute sweetest when it comes to this book. i genuinely didn't think much would happen with this book but you all have exceeded my expectations and i'm so grateful for that <3
also i just wanna share that this is the first time that i haven't updated in the middle of the night😃