Breakneck - CHAPTER 2

Once I stepped in, everyone stared at me. As if I was some ghost from Jeepers Creepers or something. Not a single good morning too, pft. So much too ask I guess.

" Well well well, here's Ms. Scott who I assumed ' fashionably late ' with her prince charming from the opposite classroom. What makes you to come, Kendall? " Sarcasm filled her words.

" Im sorry Mrs. john, I woke up late this morning. " I played with her.

I guess she forgave me, since she nodded which was a relief for me. For now, a detention was really not what I needed. Smiling, I walked to my sit. Looking to my left, I realised Muffy was missing. Muffy sat by my left for almost 2 years, and bare with me she's always here. She never skipped school or anything. I was curious and so I asked Chelsea whom was sitting on my right, to where Muffy has gone.

" Chels, where's Muffy? " I whispered to her. 

" Who? "  

" God, the girl who sat by me for like, i don't know 2 years? She wore spectacles? Ponytail? "  

" Oh her, I don't know but -- "

" Students, so by next monday, we'll be having an exchange student from the UK. He will be exchanging with Margaret. So, I truly hope you'll treat our new student a cheerful welcome. " Interrupted by Mrs. John with full answers.

Muffy moved? Exchange student? From the UK? I whispered to Chelsea with my jaw-dropping expression. Chelsea replied with a loud voice

" I know right! That's where Adele was born! " Making the whole classroom stare at us. I realised that our conversation has been the main attention in the class. We were being awkward and started to look at the floor, it was so embarassing. To make things worst, Mrs John was looking at us and said,

" Yes, ladies? Anything to share with the whole classroom? "

I stayed looking at the floor while Chelsea said, "no" with a dull expression. Then Mrs John continue the class, surprisingly, the class was about British army and war. Everything seems so connected. As usual, I brought out my notebook and started to write everything Mrs John explained to us.

After hours has passed, the school bell finally rang. It was recess, a few minutes before, Chris texted me to meet him at our usual table, by the window.

I replied his text with a simple 'okay' and walked to our school cafeteria.  

The lining was short today, oddly. So, I queued and bought a meal, I bought a bowl of caesar salad since I've already had cereals and bread for breakfast before I went to class.

I get pissed off waiting for him since he promised to be there like 10 minutes before. It was now around 10:15 in the morning.

I just noticed that I didn't buy any drinks for myself. When I was about to stand up to buy some drinks, I felt someone trying to hug me from behind. A hush voice, more like a whisper spoke,

"I'm sorry, I'm late baby".

Without looking back, I knew who it was. It was Chris. I was still pissed because he was late but knowing he was going to make me feel better, I pretend to be furious. I didn't hesitate to reply. I stayed silence.

" Babe? " As he look at me with his puppy dog face.

" Hm? " I slowly replied.

" I bought you a drink. " He smirked while handing me a Javachip Coffee which was my favourite.  

" I was late because of it, really. Don't be mad at me " he quickly said.

" Oh my god, baby. You shouldn't. " I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

Unwrapping himself from me, he walked and sat beside me.

" Why shouldn't I? I mean, i'm your boyfriend right? Its good to see your cute little smile again, really and i'm so sorry because i'm late. You should blame the guy from the coffee shop, he was making your coffee like a snail. Believe me, I thought I would came earlier too. Are you mad, though? "

" I was, but nevermind. Thanks for the coffee, Christopher James. " I said with a little laugh. I kissed his cheek as a reply for his previous kiss to me.

When we were chatting, Chelsea grabbed the chair in front of me and joined us. She started asking me weird questions. Its her thing, she always ask people some weird facts.

She asked me whether whales sleep while their eyes open. How in the world should I answer that, really. Chris and I were secretly laughing but tried to act cool, but truthfully, I was gonna die burst out laughing. By trying to cover my laugh I simply said,

"oh wait, let me google for you". While wondering where the hell she gets that weird fact.

Picking out my phone from the pocket of my jeans, unlocking and searching for the safari icon, I finally found out that it was true,

"Uh huh ! Its true, Chels ! Way to go ! You're full of knowledge now", in a sarcastic way but Chels wouldn't realise my sarcasm. It was truly frustrating but funny in a weird way.

" Thank you, doll " sweetly applied Chelsea.

I was going to answer her, but disturbed by the bell. Recess was over. Chelsea was surprise and shouted an ' Ow! '

I chuckled by seeing Chelsea's expression, she's my walking entertainment, as known as my personal beautiful clown. Knowing we had to go to class, I smiled to Chris, he held my hand and smiled back to me. He said,

"I'll wait for you at the main entrance of the school okay ? Loves you baby kens".

"Okay baby, see you later. I love you too", I replied and head to class since Chelsea already grabbed my hand and dragged me to class.

At 4 the final school bell rang, finally I has gone through Science and Maths class. I went straight to the main entrance and heard the fierce sound of Chris's car engine. I saw Chris waiting outside the car, on the driver's side.  

He was standing, wearing aviator shades with his elbows bowed to the top of the car door. Smirking as he walked to my way, and stopped right infront of me, he said,

"are you ready to go back baby ?"

Giving a simple ' yeah' after, he picked me up by my waist and put me down by the front passenger seat. He opened the door for me and gave a light kiss on my forehead before turning to the driver's seat.

He started his car engine and drove me to my house. On the street of my house, a few cars was parked along the street. I never seen any of those cars, except for one, by the end of the street. It was a black, Bentley with dark tinted windows. Which I knew, it was Uncle Ben's car. My dad's bestfriend, and also his business partner. When Chris stopped the car in front of my entrance gate, I saw ...