The longing, the passion, the desire and the love.

My hand found its way up to her neck, bringing her closer to me as her hand that was cupping my cheek was now tangled in my hair. We only parted when our lungs screamed for oxygen, and even then, we were only inches away from each other. Her panting breaths were brushing against my lips in the hottest way possible. I lifted my gaze from her lips to her eyes. The pool of brown was replaced by fully dilated pupils, and a warmth spread to the pit of my stomach.

"Jo" I started, but was stopped by the wet, full lips of Josette Saltzman. A moan escaped my throat as she licked my bottom lip and deepened the kiss. I was intoxicated by all things Josie as our kiss became more heated. However, it was cut short by a frantic knock at the door.

Josie groaned as she pulled away, then collapsed on the bed, trying to catch her breath. I climbed out of my duvet and walked over to the other side of the room, then opened the door.

"What?" I asked in annoyance.

Kol eyed me up and down, then peered his head inside. Instinctively, I pulled the door closer to me, blocking the view. With a knowing look and a glint in his eyes, his gaze fell back onto me.

"You are needed in the headmaster's office." He said then slowly turned around. Before he left, he turned his head and added "You too, Josie. And next time use a silencing spell, you never know who's listening." Then chuckled as he left.

I rolled my eyes as I closed the door. Once I turned around, I was met with a dishevelled Josie sitting embarrassed on my bed. Her hands were fidgeting in her lap and her eyes were fixed on a spot in front of her.

"Jo?" I asked, taking a few steps forward. Instantly, her eyes snapped up at the sound of my voice.

"Hope. I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over m-" She started to ramble before I cut her off.

"What do you mean? I kissed you first." I said, fidgeting with my own hands.

Josie shook her head. "You were emotional, and I- I took advantage of that." She bowed her head in shame.

I walked up to the bed and knelt in front of her. Reaching out for her hands, I spoke softly. "Josie, I've been wanting to kiss you for weeks. Look, I really like you and that kiss was amazing. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. I would love to explore this. Us. I mean if you want an us. If you don't, I completely understand." I rambled, looking anywhere but at Josie.

A chuckle filling the room and a finger under my chin that brought me to lock eyes with Josie, made the butterflies in my stomach sore. Josie wore a soft smile as she looked at me.

"I would love for there to be an us." She said, bringing a smile to my lips.

A few minutes later, Josie and I were standing in Doctor S' office with the rest of the Saltzman's and Mikaelson's. Doctor Saltzman stood around his desk, with Aunt Freya and uncle Kol beside him. Kol still had the same knowing look in his eyes when Josie and I sat on the sofa, next to Lizzie who eyed me with worry. I didn't want to be anywhere near my family, not after the last time I was in this room, yet here I was.

"Right, now that everyone is here." The twins' dad started. "We should discuss what Josie and Kol saw earlier."

I turned my head to Josie questioningly, who muttered a "I totally forgot" under her breath. However, in a room where only two people didn't have super hearing, her comment didn't go unnoticed.

"What do you mean you forgot?" Aunt Freya asked exasperated. "It barely happened half an hour ago."

"Sorry, but some of us were busy caring about others." I spat; my eyes fixed on a spot in front of me. I couldn't stand Aunt Freya's voice right now. I could feel my resentment for her boil as my hands balled into fists. But the sudden warmth of Josie's hand on mine, unfolding my fist and tangling our fingers together, relaxed me. I turned my head towards her and gave her a smile in thanks.