Chapter 6

Hope's POV

What - What just happened?

Josie just ran into her room after she kissed me. She kissed me! I stood in front of her door dumbfounded. My lips were still tingling from Josie's touch. I grazed my lips with my fingers, feeling slightly flushed. After a while, I turned on my heels and walked back to my dorm.

As I was walking, I couldn't help but wonder as to the reason behind that kiss. Why did she do it? What did it mean? Did she like me like that?– Of course not. Why would she? Her crush on me was years ago, could those feelings have really come back? – Snap out of it Hope! Of course not, because of me she had had her heart broken. She didn't deserve that. She didn't deserve to suffer, not by anyone's hands. Especially not by mine.

Once I was in my room, I took a quick shower then crawled into bed, still thinking about Josie. She was drunk, that's it. Her inhibitions were lowered, she probably thought that I was someone else. She was drunk – it meant nothing to her. My heart ached at that thought. Why? Why was this affecting me so much?

That night I could barely sleep. My mind was racing. By the time I drifted off to sleep, the sun was rising. I woke up in a daze to someone pounding on my door and yelling my name, I wasn't impressed. Nevertheless I rolled out of bed and opened the door.

"What?" I snapped.

Lizzie barged in, frantically pacing up and down my room. I closed my door, eyeing her, and ran to her side. She stopped in front of me, shaking. Her eyes were red, her cheeks, wet from tears, and her breathing was rapid. She was on the verge of another episode.

"Lizzie, Lizzie breath. Deep breaths just like me. Yeah that's it." I said, gesturing for her to mimic my movements. After a few minutes, she had calmed down. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"MG... he wasn't in his cell when I woke up this morning." She said, worry laced in her voice.

"What? How is that possible? He's desiccated! He can't move!"

"I don't know. All I know is that when I fell asleep, he was there, and when I woke up, he was gone." Lizzie said, throwing her hands up in the air as she sat down on my bed.

"Have you talked to your dad?"

She shook her head. "No, I couldn't find him."

"Okay, I'll come with you. We'll look for him together and, on the way, we'll get the Super squad."

She let out a breath she was holding in and nodded. I hurriedly got dressed, throwing on blue jeans and a t-shirt before heading out with Lizzie.

3rd Person POV

Somewhere across town, in a dingy motel room was Rafael, Shabinna, Chad, The Necromancer and a newly awoken MG with blood dripping down his chin and onto the floor. Besides him were two bodies, two women with their heads ripped off. MG was breathing heavily, his eyes and veins black, and his fangs out. The bed he was sitting on, with ruffled sheets, was covered in his victims' blood. A smirking Shabinna stood before him, kneeling as to look directly into his eyes. A sickening smile creeped up on her face as she did so.

"Perfect." She said.

She stood back up and joined Rafael on the other bed. She sat besides him. He stayed quiet, horrified by what he had just witnessed. His friend - the one who used to always talk about comic books, defending his favourite character, iron man - had just killed two innocent humans. Not just killing them, no. Tearing through their necks as they squirmed under his grasp. The room had been filled with screams then suddenly nothing. The scene repeating itself in his mind, like a bad jingle, unable to focus on anything else.