My Failed Attempts

Start from the beginning

"And as for your heated orange veins— I guess that's a question you'll have to ask yourself. I had nothing to do with that. I wonder," he pauses biting his lip momentarily. "Has your mother even mentioned anything fantasy to you? Even briefly?" He gives me a smirk, not waiting for me to answer before the door shuts.

My face is a mask of confusion as I glance at my fingernails.

"What crawled up his ass?" I mutter, trying to not think of what he'd said. Was he full of shit? Because, if I was being truly honest— my mother hadn't even let me go near books like that.

And that's what scared me most.

ATTEMPT #2

This time, I would be successful, I'd make sure of that.
          I scrunched up my nose as my hair kept falling in my face, I usually kept it up in a bun or something with elegance. Now I just look scrawny and awkward with it out in a mess like a rats nest. The troubles of being kidnapped by Atticus the sparkling fairy who didn't even know what bobby pins were.
I stare at the front door, scraping my feet against the wood, my socks didn't leave any marks against the hardwood floors. I smirked, getting ready to break down the door while Atticus was attending matters. I charged like a bull, giving a toothy smile at how I was gonna be so close to escaping.
The door apparently had other plans as I collided with the it. I bounced back, falling to the ground, black spots covering my vision.

After that attempt, I recall Atticus telling me that it sounded as if bones clacked against something hard and he ran downstairs, thinking that I was doing voodoo or something. Well, there goes that attempt.

ATTEMPT #3

"I'll give you anything you want!" I called out as Atticus stopped abrubtly and turned to face me.
"Anything?" He raised his eyebrows and showed me his fangs. My eyes widened and he let out a chuckle. He was trying to make me scared. I rolled my eyes.
"I'll give you money! My family is loaded!" I exclaimed as he smiled.
"Trust me, the reward they put up for you is enough for me to see that. Nothing could make me give you up." He said, crossing his arms over his chest, muscles bulging out. I smirked. Nothing? We'll see about that. I traced my finger over his tattoo as he tensed and I raised an eyebrow, leaning in to whisper.
"How about if I gave you a lifetime supply of poptarts?" I asked with a smirk and leaned back. He raised an eyebrow.
"Are you trying to bribe and seduce me with poptarts? You Are so awkward its actually painful." He laughed as I groaned and walked ahead of him to his kitchen. Yes, he showed me around, well he showed me how to make it to the kitchen and to the room that I was staying in. He refused to show me the rest of his house or whatever it was.

ATTEMPT #4

What kind of idea was this? I though as I pointed a knife at Atticus and he held up his hands. He wasn't close to the knife but his eyes were widened. I smirked.
"Open the door, and back up." I demanded.
"How did you even get a kn-" he started as I cut him off.
"I won't repeat myself." I stated in an icy tone as he winced and unlocked the wooden door.
"Back up." I said, as he did as I said. I wasn't being very civilized, but what the heck, my mother wasn't here at this moment. I walked through the door, never putting down the knife. As I didn't hear footsteps, I did a victory dance in my head. Suddenly I heard a zooming sound and Atticus appeared in front of me with a smirk. Fangs showing a bit.
"Just kidding." He snickered as my eyes widened. He did everything in such a fast notion, probably at the speed of light. He grabbed the knife from me and through it in the grass, as it stayed stuck in the ground. He then continued to grab me and throw my over his shoulder. He zoomed in the house, and the door closed with a 'thump'. I groaned.
"Are you a track star or something?" I asked as he chuckled and threw me on the bed. My eyes widened.
"Umm." My sentence disappeared as he gave me a serious look.
"Relax, I'm not going to touch you. I'm a gentleman." He stated as I scoffed. Says the man who threw me over his shoulder like a caveman.

*present time*

"I see that you found the poptarts box?" Atticus walked into the kitchen, leaning on the doorway with an amused look on his face. I was swallowing poptarts like my life depended on it. He fangs showed on display with his grin. I stared at him.

"Do you ever take those things off? Like for bed or something?" I asked as he looked at me, scrunching up his face in confusion.

"They don't come off?" He said, more like asked. I nodded my head.

"Sure." I dragged on the word. "Whatever you say." I said as he sighed.

"I said no more questions you evil elf." He said, grabbing one of my poptarts. I stared at him as he gave me a smirk, taking a bite out of the poptart.

"Did you just call me am evil elf?" I asked as he looked at me with a raised eyebrow and shrugged.

"Whatever you say." He mimicked me. I groaned.

"That doesn't even make any sense!" I called out as he left the room. I heard his laughter ricochet on the hallway walls. I rolled my eyes. His masculine laugh was so annoying. A little cute, but more annoying than anything really— maybe.

*

*

*

*

*

(REFRAIN YOURSELF FROM NAMING THE FUCKING STARS)

*