Essential Factors

Claire's POV

                  I did grab the vase, and he did reach my waist. Wrapping his arms around me brought some essential factors to slap me in the face.

                     First of all- who did he think he was? Not even the almighty Dr. Flintstone was allowed to touch me. Second of all, did I forget to bring Christmas? Merlin packed all of my stuff, I don't know if she's in my suitcase. Third of all-I have fire. I can make fire. I am fire. My mixtape is fire. I'm totally kidding about that last one.

                I could just make him into fried chicken! And, why would Valdus tell me that Atticus was in here, if he's not? My lord, we have a traitor in our midst. Shut up Claire, you shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. Actually, when it's a set up, you should. You should jump to conclusions very fast.

I let out an Unladylike growl, hitting Dr. Flemston over the head with the vase, as he got a hold of my waist. I twisted like a serpent, and kneed him in the stomach. He let out a sound of pain. Let's not mention the shattered vase on the floor and in Dr. Flemstons hair. That thing was probably expensive and antique- just like everything else in Atticus's home.

"No me toques!" I shouted. Truthfully, I had no idea where this Spanish came from, but a flip switched in my head. I guess you can say that I was pretty fed up with being kidnapped. The first time, I got lucky with the vampire king. The second time, I got dropped off a cliff by little miss "I have the reddest hair ever- you can't even dye it this color at a beauty salon". Im sure as hell not gonna let there be a third time.

A little blood dribbled down Dr.Flemston's temple, and his eyes blazed with anger. Celmira stepped forward but took an abrupt stop when Dr.Flemston held up his hand.

"I want to do this on my own." He stated calmly. A quick thought of fleeing from the room ran through my mind. But I decided it was a stupid suggestion. I have to finish this once and for all. Especially since I'd most likely be going in circles if I ran. I would run into Valdus and be back at square one.

                I don't even know if Merlin is on my side, seeing as he and Valdus are downstairs hugging it out. This is frustrating. Especially since I assumed they were good friends. My friends.

Is this the part in my life where I have to be strong and fight? I've never fought before in my life. Well this is embarrassing. Do I punch with my thumb in my fist- or out? Maybe I should just go for a slap?

"Or you should just go for the fire, good lord woman!" A voice popped in my head. Merlin? I almost did a happy dance, until I realized that he was correct. I needed to use my fire as defense, cause that murderous look wasn't about to vanish in Dr. Flemston's eyes.

I felt the flame before I actually saw it.
I felt it in my every being. Igniting from my toenails that were painted emerald blue- to the roots of my very natural blonde hair that was up in a top knot. It spread like lightning in my veins, but felt buttery, like it was slipping along easily to my grasp. My fire was reacting to my adrenaline, and the situation I was currently in.

The corner of my lips twitched up into a smirk that I'd probably learned from Atticus. It was a look that he gave when he was usually about to get away with something. In this case- I was about to get away with murder. Or most likely just knocking out two bad guys until security got here.

My right hand erupted with blue flames, swallowing my hand whole. Dr. Flemston's face turned to complete awe for a second- as if he were thinking "gee I would love to cut open her hand and see the roots of her power. Maybe I should convince her over a cup of tea?". But then ofcourse, like all villains and criminals, he remembered that he didn't have to convince me. He could force me into experimentation.