chapter one.

The scalding water violently cascaded down your back, and soon your whole body. The speaker blasted the recent playlist you had made, but in the other room, your parents were arguing yet again. Not even the harshly loud song lyrics could drown out the voices of your mom and dad.

Their voices had been echoing in the hallways since the sun had risen. You washed your hair and body, wanting to hurry up and get ready so you could leave.

"If y/n is going to play volleyball, fine! I don't care! But she's not going on the boy's team!" You heard your dad yell from the kitchen. "We already got it figured out! Y/n is going on the better team even if it means it's a male team" your mom hardly raised her voice and carried on much more mature than your dad.

They continued to argue over things like if you could pull off the wig, the binder, or if your voice was believable enough but you were ready to defend everyone's suspicions at school.

The arguing died down eventually and you were ready to exit your home. You lightly tugged on the messy black wig that tightly grasped your head, making sure it wouldn't fall off later in the day.

"Bye mom, bye dad," you walked out of the house a little uncomfortable in the new masculine attire.

School was close to your house so you decided to bike the path your mom had shown you yesterday, it hardly took fifteen minutes before you were entering the school gates, your bike tucked neatly in the bike rack. You sucked on your lips nervously, glancing around the courtyard.

Your gaze fell on a group of guys in the corner, tossing a volleyball. There were only four guys there, but one caught your attention first, he was tall, with blond curly hair and black glasses, he stood a few feet away, as if not wanting anything to do with the others.

Just as you were mustering the confidence to approach the group, the boy with the orange hair paused, making eye contact you. The volleyball dropped, bounced a few times before he grinned, his smile consuming half his face. He darted towards you, as the intimidating guy next to him broke into a sprint moments after.

"You're gonna lose, dumbass!" was all you heard before something that felt like a brick wall slammed into your face.