After we left the hair salon, we all then drove back to the hotel. Sage said she wanted to go to the carnival nearby today, saying that she thought it might be fun. I ended up getting changed into a more casual outfit for today. I paired a light pink lacy bodysuit with some black skinny jeans and light pink heels. I have a feeling Sage has more planned for today and it's just going to get crazier so I didn't want to dress in something uncomfortable.

We then split into the two cars like we usually do before we head to the carnival. The carnival here is much crazier than the one back home in Oregon. When I was a kid, I didn't get to do that often. I was jealous seeing all the kids in school talking about going to the fair or the carnival when I was only able to go once as a teenager. It made me feel left out of something that all the kids were experiencing. I think all throughout school though I always felt left out no matter what is was.

I missed a lot of opportunities in school because of the home life that I had and the father I had. I hated not being able to do the things that I wanted to do that everyone else was allowed to do. I remember vividly asking to go to the art gallery when I was fourteen with the picture I painted on a canvas in my hand and my father started screaming at me. The night ended with bruises on my body and a torn up canvas. Even small things like that, I was never able to do. I didn't have much joy or happiness in my life growing up. It was all just really dark.

Having Sage as my friend growing up through really helped. She was like this ball of light and fun and carefree energy so having that kind of person around me really helped make me feel better. And when we were kids, she was always so persistent about seeing me and making sure I was okay. After me and my father got into a fight, I would sometimes talk to her about it quite soon after. I didn't all the time because sometimes I just wanted to be or alone or I felt as though I was bugging her and I didn't want to do that.

I remember being on the phone with her when I was really young just after my dad has abused me and I was sitting in the corner of my bedroom floor sobbing. I begged her to not come over because I was afraid of her getting caught and I also didn't want her to go through all of that work. And of course Sage being herself, she ran over and began knocking lightly on my window. That night we snuck out to the playground right next to my apartment complex and sat on the swings and I told her everything.

I cried in her arms that entire night. That night she promised me that she would always be there for me if I needed her. She's never broken that promise. Through the sixteen years that we've known each other, she has held onto that promise and never broken it. It amazes me that she's stuck with me through all these years. I was sure she would give up on me eventually but she never did. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

"Leah we're here" I hear Sage inform me, making me snap out my thoughts as I look around us, seeing the carnival on my right. I nod my head at her before I reach down, unbuckling my seat belt before I step out of the car. It's now getting dark so they've turned the lights on, making the carnival look gorgeous as every color in the rainbow shines off of the rides.

The loud music flows throughout the entire event, even out to where we're standing. We slowly make our way into the carnival, it way more packed than we expected. I guess people really love these things. "Hey would you guys want to go on the ferris wheel since it's right here?" Sage yells, trying to make sure we hear her over the loud music.

"I'm totally down?" Violet exclaims.

"Same here" Lynna adds.

The rest of the girls then agree with Sage before we all make our way to the ferris wheel, standing in the line, waiting our turn. We all board our seats, two at a time, making me and Sage get on one together. "I haven't been on a ferris wheel since Harry took me to the fair on my birthday" I admit.