S.1 E.8

I drew this August 14, 2020! I finished it the same day and it was a redraw of a drawing I'm really not proud of:

I'm seriously not proud of this drawing. The anatomy was sucky, the shading style wasn't the greatest and the hair doesn't look that good.

I made this March 9, 2020.

This drawing is is all wonky. LIKE LOOK AT THE DAMN TREES! The eyes look odd, the expressions don't make sense and don't relate to the original image at all!

What I mean from the original image was that both of them, as in the original idea behind them, is a redrawing of a picture I took irl at my school.

The girl in the blue jacket is me and the one with the white blouse-

Time for me to talk about my thoughts on the drawing!

If you see the first redraw the hair didn't make sense, it just looked like one blob. In the newer one, I drew the hair in clumps but still showing the hair's texture maybe? Or just showing that it isn't just one blob.

Not saying that people who draw like that are bad, or untalented in any way. All I'm saying that my art needed improvement and that I don't like it in my style personally. Sometimes, I see people who draw hair in blows but it actually looks really good, but it doesn't look good in my style.

Before, I wasn't used to drawing dark-toned (NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST!) People. I'm not trying to be racist. I just don't draw that often so I tried to make the characters paler. But now, I've gotten used to drawing more dark-toned people. Heck, I try to draw people of different skin tones and races now since it's good practice!

Next, back to talking about the character design, the old redraw, my glasses didn't make sense. It didn't even look like how my glasses look irl. Now, in the latest redraw, the glasses look better and look like my glasses irl.

I feel like in the old redraw, it has a bit more expression, but in the new one, it actually looks like our expressions irl. My friend is deadpanning or just done with my shiz and I'm just smiling. The old redraw shows my friend pissed at me and I'm just nervously taking a pic.

Anyways, my outfit in the old redraw didn't add all the details and it just looks odd. The newer redraw had my bag and looks a tad nicer. Oh! And my friend has her backpack on!

Alright, this is getting long. If you're wondering where my signature is on the old redraw, check the line art. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow! Bye!