A night made of excuses and stargazing

Start from the beginning

Her phone ringing for the tenth time took her out of her thoughts

"Look, Serkan is calling again"

She showed the phone screen to her aunt, but Ayfer ignored it and shook her head as she made a tut sound with her mouth, her hands on her hips as she waited for Eda to hang up.

"Don't answer, let him come" She said, defiantly, as if Serkan was standing before her "Let him come and talk to me, I will say two or three things to your fiancée. Wait and see, Eda. Just wait and see"

Eda took a deep breath as she took her fingertips to her temples, trying to think of a way to get out of that awful situation. It was her fault after all, since she was the one held responsible for Selin finding the engagement contract and that, in her opinion, was somehow related to the document filtration.

Serkan didn't believe that Selin had something to do with the picture getting to the reporters' hands, though.

Actually, to her surprise, he actually didn't seem to be bothered at all by the rumors, which was pretty strange coming from someone who had turned her into his fake fiancée so he wouldn't be publicly disgraced. But after literally whisking her way deep into the Mediterranean Sea so she wouldn't have to deal with the reporters, he had talked very little about the topic and, to Eda's relief, his softness towards her had remained intact.

"Don't take this on him, aunt. It was a set up! And now he is probably worried about your reaction regarding this matter and is doing something to fix it" Again, her phone ringed and Serkan's name appeared on the screen "Let me answer and we can talk about it tomorrow. Please don't be upset"

"Excuse me, I don't want to make Ayfer abla angrier but Serkan Bolat is throwing pebbles at the window from the street" Melo suddenly appeared and stood on the kitchen frame, unsuccessfully trying to hide the big smile on her face as she ate from a bowl of sunflower seeds.

"What?" Eda and her aunt asked at the same time, turning violently towards Melo.

And in that instant Eda couldn't help but feeling that her heart was a balloon inside her chest, swelling up and up.

"He's out there, told me to call you" Melo answered, just as excited as Eda was on the inside "He didn't bring the dog tonight though, is sad because Sirius is so cute. But he is out there!"

But Melo's high pitched screams and waving hands ended before starting as she eyed the angered expression of her friend's aunt.

"And he has the nerve..." The woman muttered as she walked past them and towards the stairs with decisive steps "I will go out and talk to him"

After exchanging fearful glances, the girls followed her and tried to calm her down.

"Aunt, please. Let me solve this. I promise he will come to speak to you later" Eda stood before Ayfer, waving her hands in the air as she tried to stop her.

"Let him come, maybe he'll make me sign a contract too" Ayfer snapped back, but at the same time she stopped on her tracks, her hands on her hips and defeated expression telling her niece that, as always, she had decided to let her solve the matter.

"So now we're getting a contract and diamonds too?" Melo looked at them both, her eyes blinking rapidly as she tried to read their expressions "I'm understanding by the way you looked at me that we don't. C'mon Ayfer abla, let's leave Eda and Serkan enişte solve this matter while they go out and walk hand in hand under the moonlight"

"No one is going out to walk hand in hand under the moonlight, Melo" Eda tried hard to fight the smile creeping across her face but Melo calling Serkan enişte and having those romantic thoughts out of nowhere was really funny "I will go out and send him home, okay?"