"Yeah, will do. You two have a good day, and sell as much as ya can, or else I'se'll be upset," Race says with a laugh, which lets us know that he's just kidding around. I let out a laugh, before sighing and turning back to Albert.

"Dat was close," Albert says. I nod and link our arms together again.

"Tell me about it," I say with a chuckle, before starting to walk back to our selling spot.

A few hours later

"Extra! Extra! Hundreds found dead in their homes from the Manhattan Mafia!" I yell a fake headline, trying to get someone's attention. Luckily, I see one man in a bowler's hat's head turn in my direction, as he begins walking over.

"'scuse me, miss, but how do you about the Manhattan Mafia?" The man asks. I freeze up, realizing that only the police know about the Manhattan Mafia, and none of the papers do. I open my mouth to explain that it's just the headline, but he cuts me off. "Don't even try to lie, we both know it's not actually the headline. You're a newsie, your job is to lie."

"Well I- I don't know if it's actually true. I was just hanging out down by Central Park, and a couple officers started talking about it, I though that it might be a good headline, so I wanted to use it today in case it would help me sell more papes," I lie, trying not to give away the fact that I'm basically on the case to find the Mafia. The man freezes for a second, before letting out a chuckle.

"My apahlogies, miss. See, it's just dat I'se been assigned to the case tah find them, and I'se hasn't read today's paper, so I was thinkin' dat there might be some infahmation in the pape. Speaking of which, can I get a pape from you?" The man asks, clearly flustered. I nod and hand him over the paper, and he hands me a nickle. 'Nice!' "Thank ya, miss. Have a wonderful day."

I mutter out a 'You too' as he walks away. He's clearly lying. I work with the police, and I know who's been assigned to the Mafia case, and it's only a couple other people, who I know personally. He's lying. But I don't know why.

I'm about to grab another paper to sell, when I realize that that was my last one. I decide to go find Albert in the spot that he's normally in, and find him leaning against a building, waiting for me.

"Geez, what took ya so long?" Albert asks, pushing himself off the wall. As he approaches me, it's clear by his expression that he didn't see the interaction between me and that man.

"Nothing. Just some weird guy trying to have a conversation is all. Anyways, let's get to our real job," I says, playfully nudging Albert in the side, which makes him chuckle. "And besides, I think I have a lead on the mafia that'll make the cops proud."

There's a bit of drizzle coming down as Albert and I begin to walk to the police station, but it's no big deal. Although, judging by the clouds, it's going to begin pouring soon.

As it begins raining more, the station comes into view. I smile and lock my arm with Albert's as we always do when we enter the station. But just as we're about a block or two away from it, someone who I never though I'd see at this time walks out from an alleyway and stands in front of us.

"Race? What're ya doin' here?" Albert asks, trying to walk up to Race. I can see the shocked expression on his face, as he tries to cover it with happiness. "Is this ya new sellin' sp-"

"Leave. I need tah have a talk wit me sistah," Race says, clearly upset. Albert turns to look at me, so I give him a nod to let him know to leave. He sighs and continues walking in the direction we were headed. "Mind tellin' me where you two were goin'?"