s2 e10: "she would've loved you"

Start from the beginning

"hell yes! i mean yes-yes, i can do it"

"okay then" she said, moving behind her and taking her spot on the right side of her.

                                       ┊͙♥┊͙
        "𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.
                               𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐭?"

alana said as she walked into the OR, causing kelsey to roll her eyes before continuing the operation.

"we, are nowhere. I'M trying to save this infants life"

"how long has the patient been open?"

"including the seconds i'm wasting answering your questions?"

"well excuse me for having a few questions but your intern told me that the surgery had been moved to 3:00 when it clearly wasn't so forgive me for trying to play catch up"

"my apologies, it totally slipped my mind. typical intern mistake" leah said.

"dr. murphy did right, i told her not to inform anyone who was not needed of this procedure"

"i'm not a visitor, dr. livingston"

"once again, you're not medically needed and weren't invited which means you're a visitor and visitors watch from the gallery" kelsey told her with a glare, watching as she walked out of the door.

"assertive" leah said, causing kelsey to look up at her.

"sorry, sorry"

                                       ┊͙♥┊͙
"𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬"

kelsey thought to herself as she stood in front of the glass clinic doors. she sighed as she stared back at her reflection, reaching up and placing her hand at her collarbone, the pads of her fingers caressing along the area where he had made his cut, the cut that almost took her away from the ones she loved the most, from the job she woke up happy to go to every morning.

"you let them do it. you let them sedate him. and i didn't get to say goodbye"

"he was......in pain. there was nothing.....i...or anyone....could've....done.....for....him"

"well i'm gonna make sure there's nothing they can do for you"

letting a shudder take over her body, she inhaled as she smoothened out her scrub top, placing her hand on the handle and pulling it open as she exhaled.

"hi. i-i was paged" kelsey greeted, clearing her throat before giving the nurse a small smile.

"right in there" the older lady informed, pointing to a private check-up room around the corner of the desk. sending her another smile, she glanced behind her, immediately pin pointing the exact place where she was left clinging for life, promising herself that if she held on just a little bit longer, she'd volunteer more. she'd donate more. she'd take in more patients. anything to convince herself that she could keep fighting because she was worth it. she rolled her shoulders backwards and exhaled a breath in an attempt to release the anxiety and tension that had been forming since she got the page, turning the brass door handle and walking into the room.

"hello?" she asked with furrowed eyebrows as she looked around the small clinic room, pushing the door closed behind her. letting out a sigh, she turned around and let her shoulders drop.