Chapter 4

(Brittany's POV)

We all sat in the living room talking and eating snacks. We had been for the past hour and a half. Just laughing and bringing back memories from collage. Well Quinn and Santana were. I was just the listener which I didn't mind at all.

"You your telling me, that YALL HOOKED UP IN COLLAGE?" I said between laughs. This was hilarious. They both starting laughing and nodding. "It was a one time thing and I was curious!" Quinn exclaimed giggling with a shrug. "I mean we were coming back from our music teachers wedding, not to mention we were wasted!" Santana explained waving her hands around. I rolled my head back laughing.

"Yeah Celeste really didn't like that." Quinn giggled. I glanced over at Santana to see her jaw clenched. She tensed up at that name. Why?

Quinn must have noticed and quickly spoke up. "Oh no I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring her up." Quinn said apologetically. I just looked at the pair confused. Who's Celeste? And what did she do to make Santana so upset?

"No it's fine, Q" she looked back up. "Last time you saw me we were still together." The brunette assured. I was still so confused.

"I'm so sorry Santana. When did y'all break up?" Quinn asked moving over to sit on the other side of Santana. "Oh well uh- it's complicated." She stammered looking at her hands. Quinn glanced at me, probably noticing that I was confused. "Well we have time" The blonde assured. "Plus I think Britt over there is kinda confused." She gestured to me with a giggle. Santana looked up and gave me a weak smile.

"Celeste is my ex girlfriend. Well it's kind of complicated at the moment. I don't really know what we are." She sighed, returning her sight to her hands. "She cheated on me once in collage. When I caught her she begged me to give her a second chance. So I did. And it was good for about 5 months until I found her with him in my bed, again." She ran her hands through her hair.

"I don't know why I even gave her a second chance. I just- I don't know." She looked up at me for a brief moment. Her eyes were stormy. Something I noticed happens when she talks about stuff like this. I glanced over at Quinn who was rubbing Santana's back comfortingly.

"You don't have to explain yourself." I said gently. "It happens. It's hard not to give the person you love a second chance. You want so hard for them to change. But most of the time they never do." She looked up at me and give me a weak smile.

"You sound like your speaking from experience." Now I was the one looking at my hands. "Yeah uh there was this girl back home. She cheated on me 4 times. With the same girl. And me being the caring, kind person I am, I gave her chance after chance." I lifted my head to see that she was staring right at me. Her eyes looked apologetic. Quinn was now back on the other couch. She already new this story.

"I'm so sorry, Britt." I just smiled at her. "It's okay Santana, I'm over it now. It was 2 years ago." I assured. She gave me a soft smile that made my cheeks heat up. Her smile is so, ugh. Quinn caught me blushing and gave me a smirk. Oh great. I'm literally never going to hear the end of it now.

———

It was about 8:00 now. Quinn was laying on the big couch directly in front of the TV. She says that couch is reserved for pregnant people only, and I don't want to get a ticket or something. So I just sit on the loveseat. Santana is sitting next to me. The room was in a comfortable silence. Quinn was tuned into Family guy and me and Santana we just on our phones.

Ring, Ring, Ring

I looked over to see Santana staring at her phone screen. Her jaw clenched again and her eyes clouded. If I had to guess, Celeste was calling. It continued ringing for a moment before she hit the decline button.