"That's okay, but it'll be ten minutes and ten minutes only, are we clear?" He snaps, and Avery nods quickly.

The Council pours into the chambers, taking Lilith with them.

Avery rushes over to where Zephyr is still being held back, standing about a meter away as she watches his neck veins bulge.

Her eyes widen a little, and she shakes her head at Katya.

Katya releases Zephyr's shoulder, stepping away from him.

"Zeph, if we let you go slowly, will you revert to human form?" Avery asks, keeping her tone polite and crisp.

Zephyr snarls, shaking Scott off his arm.

Scott winces and steps back, arms aloft in the air to show he means peace.

Zephyr shakes Mike off, too, and glares at the remaining Alpha until he too releases him.

Avery holds her breath, ready to tackle her friend to the ground the second anything starts.

Zephyr closes his eyes, hiding the eerie red orbs from the world. Slowly, the fur that sprouted from his neck and shoulders recedes, as does the snout that forced it's way to the surface. His teeth return to a more human-looking set, although they remain slightly pointed.

His return to human form is a lot slower than usual due to him having to reign in his temper and take control of his extremely volatile wolf. Avery could practically feel the concentration and effort that it took for him to regain control - angered wolves, especially angered wolves who can force a shift, are sometimes almost impossible to handle.

"You need to calm down before you get fined. If you can't calm down, get the hell out of here," Avery snarls, squaring up to him.

"She's here. I have had people searching everywhere for her, and she shows up at your hearing," he growls, tugging at his hair.

"Okay, you know she's alive," Avery barks, and Zephyr scowls.

"But she isn't with me," he hisses, turning his back on them.

Avery can feel his anger; it's coming off him in waves.

Some of the watching Alphas hurry out of the arena, not wanting to get involved in anything that might happen next.

Zephyr sinks back into his seat, clenching his fists and forcing himself to breathe.

"Walk it off," Avery grunts, walking back towards her seat.

Zephyr gets up and walks out of the room, Mike tailing him just in case.

Avery rests her head on the table, and Scott walks over to her, rubbing her back.

"It'll be okay," he nods grimly, and a throat clears.

They both swivel their heads to where the noise came from, and they spot Roman at the same time.

He looks remarkably awkward, which makes Avery feel a little happiness, even if it's cruel.

He deserves all the misery in the world, in her opinion.

For a peacemaking Alpha, he's caused a lot of drama over the past couple of months.

He's had his pack attack rogues at random, completely unprovoked.

The most recent attack was brutal. Avery's ally found the dead wolves and reported to her immediately, initially expecting the attacked to have been vampires. When it was discovered it wasn't; Roman had been reported to the Council for abuse of power.