FOUR

Kayla's POV

We all gathered in the parlor to answer questions and we were all shaken up. Jay took a bit of time in the bathroom and I sat down leaning against one of our friends. I didn't bother to check who it was. I was bushed.,mentally and emotionally.

"Good morning,I'm detective Calvin.. I gonna ask you questions about the murder of Leonard Jones."

I swallowed hard and sighed. Tears pricking my eyes already. I was still in shock and couldn't believe he was actually gone. I heard someone blow her nose and I looked up. It was Candace and my heart went out to her.

"I know it's hard to talk about this and that you all have been questioned already but I'd like you all to answer the questions so if there's a counter story from anyone else, we'll sort it out."

We all nodded and I sat up to snuggle with Jay who had joined us.

" You were all at the party yesterday while Leo stayed back? "

I didn't know the answer to that, I had just gone with Jay and stuck to him all night. I hadn't spared a glance at somebody else and now I regretted that.

"He came up earlier than everyone else.." Lamar piped up and the cop looked at him.

"What did he say he was going to do?"

"He didn't say.. I didn't ask also.. I was talking to my girl" he glanced at Candace who nodded.

"Okay"

"Who spoke with him last?"

"Kayla" Kate said and I snatched up my head.

What?

"That's not true"Jay countered and my blood literally froze. It wasn't me.. What was Kate doing.?

" I know what I saw. "she maintained and Candace hissed irritably before turning to face the officer.

" She's lying... We both talked about Kayla being too clingy to Jay last night.. She always is. They were together all through the night "

"So young lady, you have something else to say?" the cop eyed Kate who broke down completely and sobbed.

"I don't know what I'm saying.. I don't know anymore.. I'm in shock"

I rolled my eyes and sighed breathing sharp.

"Hmm.. I'm gonna work on your testimonies. I'll get back to you" The cop stood up and grabbed his walkie talkie.

"Sir, I'd like to leave with my girlfriend today. She's not doing well with this." Jay said and Lamar cut in.

"Me as well.."

"I'm sorry guys but you have to stay for at least a week or more,we don't know yet.. You'd have to stay till the investigations are over"

The room went silent and we all nodded. The officer left.

I went back into the room with Jay and I fell into a fitful sleep dreaming of Leo being in a better place.

He deserved it.

                         * * * * * * *

Unknown POV

Major shocks went through my body as Kayla pressed her body against mine. I fought back the urge to hold her closer and fondle her. I couldn't wait until she was mine completely but the happiness faded away when she moved away from me and clung to that fool again. My blood boiled angrily.

She still didn't understand she was mine and no one could have her.

I shifted my gaze away from them and tried to listen to the officer.