ONE

Jay's POV

Kayla had fallen asleep an hour into the drive and I doubted her claim of a nice night rest. It was clear she didn't. Maybe she was up doing school work.

My friend nudged me,breaking my concentration on Kayla. She looked so beautiful.

"Look at this" He flashed his phone screen and I turned my nose.

"I see you got the n*des" I smirked and turned to look at my babe again. I stroked her face gently and my guys awwn-ed. She woke up and covered her face,hiding a smile.

She smiled and shook her head, rolling her blue eyes at me.

"I'm sorry they woke you"

She sighed and rested her head on my shoulder.

I adjusted the bandanna holding her thick nappy hair in place and my friend nudged me again. I grimaced at him, drawing a string of laughter from everyone else.

Asides the friend sitting beside me, Jon, there was three other couples
Lewis and Kate, Scott and Madison, Lamar and Candace then another single guy, Leo.

They have always teased me about doting on Kayla and despite that, I wasn't about to stop. She was all that matters and she had everything I ever wanted in a woman. Curves, soothing voice, jet black natural hair, unusual blue eyes and intelligence. Kayla had it all and more. A perfect Nigerian- American woman.

The bus grinded to halt and we took turns to alight.

I held her hand in mine as we all went to the counter to get our suite key.
We were all staying in the largest suite they had. It had six rooms, a large parlor and a balcony. It was perfect.

We checked in and settled in.

Someone talked about ordering early lunch or late breakfast, whichever one and I chuckled as i dragged the last of our bags inside the room and bolted the door.

Kayla stretched tiredly and I took her in my arms,kissing her slowly.

She loved it when I did that. Sure enough, she smiled and stroked my beard.

"I'm starving" She chirped and moved away from me.

"I think they're trying to order something" I answered and took off my shirt,jumping on the bed.

Kayla stood by the mirror and wiped her face clean of makeup.

"Princess"I called out. She turned, a cute smile playing on her face as I patted the bed.

She grinned and came into my outstretched arms, her palms rested on the side of my face as my lips settled on hers hungrily.

Her floral smell invading my nostrils and making me move my hands down her body.

She was perfection.

Almost an hour later, I laid exhausted next to her and stared at her sleeping face.
I sighed and gathered her closer, making her groan sleepily.

I remembered mom's words whenever she caught me staring at Kayla and I muttered out loud.

"I'm smitten"

Unknown POV

I stared in slight anger at him. How could he have her all to himself?? She was too perfect for him. He didn't deserve her but he had her anyway. I could correct that. I know I could and I will.

Once and for all, I'll take her for myself and we'll be happy.. She would experience what real happiness was.

I love her... I have felt this way ever since he introduced her to his circle of friends. The way she walked, her voice, her sultry sense of humor, her smell.. Ohhhh.. her smell was divine.
I had had the opportunity to hold her in my arms only once and it had been for a brief time, it was a courteous hug but with my plans, she would be in my arms forever.

Safe and happy.. Away from that lowlife's lies. I would make her happy.

A few days now and everything would be perfect.. like she was...

My Kayla

Hiii.. Loving it so far??
Guess you are.

PS :Nappy means tight coils and slightly frizzy hair common to Africans in general and sometimes Afro American.. Can also be called 4C hair type.. The rest of the hair types are mostly curls or waves.

Refer to black hair type chart to have a perfect understanding.

Blacks have blue eyes but it's so unusual. (lack of melanin in the eyes)

Also Lewis and Kate, Scott and Madison, Leo and Jon(the singles) are not blacks but Lamar and Candace are. Pls take note.
Not that it matters anyway.. I just don't wanna go into description every time.

Drop a vote if you're loving the story..

Love__Crowner