Green-eyed

It seems to me that my weekends were the most noticeable cost of the $200,000

It seems to me that my weekends were the most noticeable cost of the $200,000. Sophie asked me over to her home where we could have lunch together then drop by Finn's, who wanted to host a movie afternoon. Apparently he has a new sound system and wanted to try it out. Figuring that I'll have to spend time inside a room with the ac on all day long, I wore the cream colored knit sweater Sophie made. This was a good choice as Sophie couldn't stop smiling when she saw.

While she prepared lunch, I wandered about her living room and sunroom, finding myself observing the photographs on the walls of the hallway. Most of the photos used the same brightness of color (bright pink, yellow, light blue, orange), making the plain white walls interesting.

The first photo I laid my eyes on was of an octopus on the earthly ground of a forest. The second was of a sunny side up egg on the disk tray of a dvd player. The third was neon colored- a fish taped on the screen of an atm. Another one was of a bed on the shores of the ocean.

"What do you think?" Sophie appeared beside me.

"I don't understand it."

"Good. It's not supposed to make sense."

"To others?"

"Even me." She shrugged.

"So, you're saying...there's no meaning behind these photos? It just is?" Sophie's answer wasn't satisfying. Was it really possible to create a piece of art that does not have any meaning. Even if one claims that there is none, there could be a meaning hidden in the depths of unconsciousness.

"I didn't say that. It means that there are things that doesn't make sense and they don't have to make sense to others. It's actually fun when people see my photographs and make up these interpretations, twisting the images into something that does make sense for them. They always need explanations." Sophie shook her head, a dazed look appearing then disappearing. Before I could mull over it, she clapped her hands. "Now, lunch!"

Sophie and I took a taxi to get to her brother's house

Sophie and I took a taxi to get to her brother's house. It was a ten minute ride, which could have been a twenty minute one but Sophie mentioned that it's too much for her when I pointed it out.