You Know Her? | Chpt 14

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, thanks for asking. He's got bandages on both his arms and all over his face. Looks like a mummy, but he actually slept good last night. Everything alright," I said.

"Yeah! You look really good today. You look good all the time, but you seem more colorful today," she said. I just idly nodded, chewing at my bottom lip. "Your hair looks nice up like that."

"Thanks," I replied, the bell ringing to cease our conversation. We were assigned a timed writing assignment, so the class was quiet for the entirety of class. I waved a gentle goodbye to my friends as I headed to Art History. As I was walking, I felt a heavy arm sling over my shoulder.

"Hey! You didn't wait for us!" Kaminari blurted, causing me to wince slightly from his voice in my ear.

"I'm offended frankly," Mina teased. It made me slightly nervous to think they considered me a friend. I was extremely worried my father wouldn't approve. Especially of Kaminari of course.

"Oh, hey."

"Fuck off shitty hair!" My attention was drawn towards the pouty boy I had seen sitting with them earlier. He was shoving Kirishima away from following him. What was so wrong with Kirishima's hair? They had similar spikes.

"Who's that?" I asked, watching Kirishima continue to follow him anyways.

"That's Bakugo, apparently Kirishima and Bakugo got sent to the same section of USJ," Sero called from behind me, eyeing the pair the same way I had. My eyes widened, nodding.

"You know him?" Kaminari asked.

"My dad's mentioned him once or twice," I commented. "He fought with...Midoriya?"

"Oh Deku?" Mina asked. I shrugged, not knowing.

"Deku would have a heart attack if he saw you," Kaminari said. I gave him a questioning look. "He's really into heroes, keeps notebooks about them. If he heard Aizawa's got a secret daughter, he'd actually die."

"Oh..."

"I said piss off!" Bakugo called, glancing our direction. He made eye contact with me first, scowling at me. "What are you looking at extra!"

"Bakugo! You can't just call random people extras!" Kirishima scolded.

"Fuck off! I can do whatever I want dumb hair," he scoffed. "She was the one gawking at me."

"I wasn't gawk—" When he glanced back at me, glowering hard, I just shut my mouth. We reached the classroom. So that was the top of the class? I wasn't too worried about hanging around this group in Midnight's class. Even though she knew about my father's rule, she didn't particularly take his side when talking about it. She wouldn't rat me out for simply talking to Kaminari. It seemed as though Bakugo was another loud blonde. Different kind, but still.

"Hey, have I told you your hair looks nice yet?" Kaminari said.

"Oh thank you," I nodded.

"Yes! It's so pretty. I can't believe you have such naturally pretty hair," Mina commented.

"It's alright," I murmured. I didn't get to see them for the rest of the day, but it was strange to talk to them just for one period of the day. There was something really both energizing and tiring about the group. I actually kind of liked how tired I was after talking to them, like the effort was worth it.

It wasn't that it felt wrong until last period.

"(Y/n)?" I glanced up at Recovery Girl. She offered up a basket with another folder for my father, along with a few other get well things. She instructed me to take it to him, as well as my backpack, so I could essentially leave early. I headed down the hall, half curious and half scared to meet the entirety of class 1-A. At least...get a glance of them. I knocked at the door and a tall boy with the most royal blue hair I had ever seen opened it.