the one with theodore nott

“Theres an order to things.
And justice has no part
in my order.”

WHEN I ARRIVED the entrance hall, Harry was standing there. "Don't you look ridiculous," I said eying his overly-wizardlike robe. "Got fashion tips from Dumbledore, did you? Could've borrowed his plum embellished robe."

"How do you know?" He looked at me, suddenly a little self-conscious about how he dressed.

"You ought to believe me now, Potter," I said. "When I say I know everything."

"Don't call me Potter," he shuddered. "You sounded like Draco for a moment."

"Pardon?" My eyes glinted. "Did you just call him Draco?"

"Yes," he snapped. "If I am to accept him as your . . . boyfriend or a member of the Order, I might start small."

I grinned deeply as he sighed. "You look like a disco ball, by the way," he said.

"Thanks," I said, twirling in my silver sequined dress. "I wanted to wear black, but Theo told me I wore black to Yule Ball too. So I thought, what can I-"

"I didn't ask for details," he stated blandly. "All I care is, does this dress glow in the dark or no?"

I blinked at the crap coming out of his mouth. "It's a dress Harry. A party dress. Of course it doesn't glow in the dark."

"Then what's the point," he sighed, feigning sadness. I punched his arm realizing he was messing with me. Just then, Theo appeared in a very dashing formal suit and a look of disgust on his face.

"You said you were wearing black," he stated.

"I didn't find anything black," I shrugged. "We'll get going Harry," I said to my brother who was looking at Theo coldly. I quickly grabbed Theo by the arm and walked towards Slughorn's office.

His office was larger, he had probably charmed it to look bigger. The ceiling and walls had been draped with emerald, crimson, and gold hangings, so that it looked as though we were all inside a vast tent. The room was crowded and stuffy and bathed in the red light cast by an ornate golden lamp dangling from the center of the ceiling in which real fairies were fluttering, each a brilliant speck of light. Loud singing accompanied by what sounded like mandolins issued from a distant corner; a haze of pipe smoke hung over several elderly warlocks deep in conversation, and a number of house-elves were negotiating their way squeakily through the forest of knees, obscured by the heavy silver platters of food they were bearing, so that they looked like little roving tables. It was beautiful-

"It looks like Christmas threw up in here," Theo remarked. I shut my eyes. It's just one night.

"Charming," I muttered moving inside the crowd. I spotted Sanguini, the vampire, who looked like he found my carotid relishing. I steered away from that direction towards the drinks.

"Thank goodness," Theo muttered, gobbling down a whole goblet of mead in a go, proceeding to fill his goblet with some more.

"You're an alcoholic, you know?" I muttered, filling a glass for myself. I liked firewhiskey much more than this mead.

"Is that," Theo looked at a distant corner. "Is that Snape?"

"Where," I instantly turned around looking at Professor Snape sulking in a corner. I quickly walked over to him. "Thank God you're here," I said. "Can I join you to sulk in a corner?"

He stared blankly at me for a moment. "As you please," he said. "You look charming. And you're too young for mead."

"I know," I groaned. "But I have to get through this party."