The End of Everything

Start from the beginning

"Did you have another dream?" She asked quietly and I nodded. She pursed her lips and we were silent for a moment. "We will get them back, you know that right?" She asked. I didn't respond to her. "Ana,"

"How can you be so sure? I've read every single page of my mother's spell book, almost every book in every library within twenty miles of here. I've called everyone I know and asked for their help and they don't know anything. Stefan is out there going from coven to coven and begging and we still don't have anything," I yelled. "I would think we would have at least a hint of something by this point but we don't," I paused and my voice came out quieter after that. "We don't have anything," I whispered.

"So what? What is your solution Ana?" Caroline asked me. "Do we give up then? Stop our search for an answer all together and leave Bonnie and Damon stranded wherever the hell they are?" She asked me raising an eyebrow. I gritted my teeth and turned away from her. "We may not find an answer searching like this, but we definitely won't find one if we go off the deep end and just give up on them," She stood in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest. "So, we're going to look, and we are going to keep looking until we find an answer and bring them back," She stated. I nodded and wiped my eyes one last time before standing.

"Ok," I said just before there was a knock at the door.

"You go wash your face, I'll get the door," She said and I nodded getting up and going to the bathroom.

*** One month earlier ***

"Nicky," I sniffed into my cell phone. I was curled up in the corner of the tomb and refused to move from that spot. My voice couldn't go over a whisper because of all my yelling, and I was afraid that if I did talk normally, my whole world fall apart.

"Ana, what's wrong?" He asked, he sounded tired, but alarmed at my voice. "Ana!" He called sounding more awake now.

"Nicky he's dead," I choked out and my body was then racked with sobs. The funeral was too much, it made everything too real and I couldn't handle it now that everyone else was gone. "He's really gone," I coughed as another sob racked my body.

"Ana, where are you? I'm coming right now," Nic asked, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I was in the Salvatore crypt a few feet away from where Damon was. No, not Damon, just his body. My lips trembled as tears flowed over them. "Ana!" Nic called, his level of worry increasing every time he called my name.

"Mystic cemetery," I barely got out before I was crying again.

"I'll be there soon, don't go anywhere," He said before the line went dead. It was hours before he walked through the door of the crypt and saw me in the corner. He rushed to my side and wrapped his arms around my shoulders as he sunk to his knees next to me. I leaned into him and allowed my tears to soak his shirt. He didn't ask me any questions, or fidget impatiently, he just let me cry and sat there with his arms around my shoulders.

"My heart hurts," I told him gripping my chest. "Why does it hurt so much?" I asked.

"Because it was real," He whispered.

*** Present ***

"Hey Rick, what'd you get this time?" I asked when he walked in followed by Caroline. He had a stack of four rather thin looking books. I could read them in an hour, tops.

"I brought some folklore books on travelers and a cheap spell book," He said placing them on the desk. I nodded and went to help Caroline bring him back his books. "We've read these ones thanks," I said as we handed him two bags filled with books. He nodded and looked in the bags.