Anniversary Shenanigans

-Nicole's POV-

I'm so nervous, today is me and Waverly's one year anniversary and i planned something very special for today. Surprisingly, Wynonna was able to keep her big mouth shut. I decided to text Waverly now to tell her about my plans.

N- Hey baby! Happy anniversary, i have a special surprise planned. Come over at 7:30.
Love you! Xx- Nicole

W- Okay see you then, love you! <3

Now that, that's out of the way time to set everything up.

-Time Skip-

I'm pacing back and forth while fiddling with the small black box in my pocket. Suddenly i hear Waverly's car pull up, i look out the window and see Waverly getting out of her car. I immediately turn on some romantic music then go to open the door for her.

When she sees me her face lights up immediately, i lean down and give her a kiss before leading her inside. When she sees the how i decorated the house she immediately tears up a little.

"Awe I love it! Thank you so much Nic!" She says and instead of replying i give her a chaste kiss and then lead her to the dining room. I made vegan lasagna because it's one of her favorites. She immediately runs to the table to sit down.

I laugh at her childishness and then join her. We eat in relative silence but i don't mind. It's not an awkward silence, not in the slightest. After dinner i lead her to the backyard, little does she know Wynonna and the gang are all hiding waiting for me to ask her.

"So um Waverly.. there's something rather important that I need to ask you." I say rubbing the back of my neck, god i'm so nervous.

"Anything baby, are you okay?" She asks genuinely concerned. God i love this woman. "No it's a good thing i promise" she nods and i take a deep breath before continuing.

"Ever since the day we met in Shorty's, I knew you would be important in my life. This past year has been amazing. Which is why i want to spend the rest of my life with you. So Waverly Earp," I pause getting down on one knee. I pull out a box and open it to reveal a small diamond ring with our initials engraved in the middle. "Will you make me the luckiest woman alive and be my wife?"  I finish, and i'm pretty sure my heart is about to fly out of my chest. After a few seconds Waverly is finally able to get words out.

"Yes oh my god yes!" She says while bouncing up and down and laughing. I chuckle and stand up to slide the ring on her finger, we share a very loving kiss, everything else disappeared. It's just me and Waverly standing in my back yard. But of course Wynonna can't let us enjoy the moment for too long. "Yo! I'd rather not throw up right now!" We laugh and pull apart. The rest of the gang comes out of hiding and we decide to all hang out.

I've honestly never been more happy in my life. Getting to hang out with my friends and fiancé.