"You have to tie it," Chinasa took hold of the sides of the blouse and carefully it up tied it into a knot just beneath Stephanie's busts. Now, Chinasa had transformed it into a crop top, if not worse. It stopped just beneath her bra. Stephanie felt naked. She wasn't used to dressing this way. She wished she could cover up with a kimono, but this was the price she had to pay to get Charles' attention.

Chinasa had put on a similar top, but hers was white and the holes in hers were larger than those in Stephanie's, and her bra revealed way more than Stephanie's bra did. Seeing Chinasa, Stephanie felt much better. At least, she wasn't the only one in this.

Chinasa's phone rang again.

"Willie boo?" Pause."I'm sorry." She pouted. "It's just Steph. She's having menstrual cramps. I needed to give her some drugs."

Stephanie stared at Chinasa. How could someone lie so flawlessly?

Chinasa winked at her. "She's fine now." Pause. "Okay boo." She ended the call. "Your wig, Steph." She spoke fast and picked up her gold wig.

Stephanie took her red wig from her bed. She hurriedly brushed it and wore it. She wore a pair of black sneakers and picked her purse. Chinasa had done the same, she was now closing her big box. Stephanie took her keys and locked the wardrobe.

"You look nice." She smiled at Chinasa. "Of course, I always do." Chinasa was panting as she locked her box. "Come on, let's get this downstairs."

Stephanie felt like fainting at the thought of carrying this box again. She hadn't forgotten how it felt when they'd brought it up. She knew it'd be heavier now because Chinasa had bought a lot more clothes.

"You look like you just swallowed aloe-vera." Chinasa laughed. "Don't worry. We won't lift it; we'll just drag it."

"How about the stairs?"

"We'll drag it." Chinasa shrugged. "It'll be easier since we are going downstairs. Besides, I don't really care about the box. I'll soon get a new one."

"Alright then."

Both girls held the box by its handle and pulled it out the door. The box wasn't half as heavy as Stephanie had expected it to be. Locking the door, she hoped her roommates had taken their keys. They pulled the box down the stairs as Chinasa had suggested. Everything would have been perfect if not for the loud and unpleasant sounds the box made as it hit each stair.

The closer they got to the door; the more foolish Stephanie felt. What was she doing? She wanted to believe she was accompanying Chinasa to her new hostel, but who was she deceiving. Chinasa already told her that Williams wasn't just dropping her. He was going to stay and help her unpack. Stephanie couldn't stay with them. She wouldn't be welcome. Chinasa said Charles was coming with Williams because he wanted to use Williams' car after Williams dropped with Chinasa. Had she really dressed this way just because Charles was coming. If Charles was indifferent about her, then she'd be a fool. She'd just take a taxi, go to an eatery, while away some hours alone come back. She couldn't dress this sophisticated in vain.

"Steph, are you dragging this box at all? It looks like I'm the one pulling all the weight."

"Sorry." Stephanie realized she had softened her grip on the handle. She tightened her grip and pulled harder.

As they got out the door, Stephanie looked in the direction of Williams' car. Her heart skipped as the doors to the driver and passenger's seat opened and Charles and Williams came out and began walking to where they stood with the box. Stephanie knew she was here to impress Charles, but why was she drooling over Williams. Williams would win Charles ten times if they were to compete in handsomeness and charisma. Chinasa would kill her if she knew what she was thinking. The Closer Charles and Williams came, the faster Stephanie's heart beat. Soon enough, they were standing just a few feet apart.