You Know I Love You So

Start from the beginning

"She always has been". Miri agreed.

" Yes, she has. The most exquisite creature to ever walk earth. She's a fighter Miri, she won't lose this". I said trying to convince myself as my voice choked up.

Miri patted my hand. "Go eat Pape".

Nodding, I walked out. As Sam seen me enter the kitchen she insisted that I sit while she fixed me a plate of food. The entire family watched me as I ate. It was if they were worried I'd go crazy. Taking my last bite, I cleared my throat and looked at each of my children and grandchildren. "Promise me something, each of you. When the time comes retire. Just walk away and let the title pass. Never look back. Never waste the time I did in this life. Laney's dream was to eventually settle down by the sea in Italy and now... Now it might be too late. My babydoll will never get her little cottage by the sea". I said as a sob escaped me.

Immediately the family gathered around me as I broke down. Demarco hugged me the tightest as his own tears fell. I believe we were all shedding tears over what the new future might bring. Not long after I returned to our room and was delighted to see Laney awake and sitting up. Miri chatted with her but as I approached Laney's eye's turned to me. "Go have your mother some food prepared". I told Miri.

Laney gave me a sour look as she wasn't fond of eating these day's but I shot her my death glare and a smile lit her face. I eased down beside her. "How do you feel?"

" Okay, just a bit groggy from the meds". She replied.

I nodded my head and waited for her food to be brought in. Once it arrived I started to feed her. "After you eat I'll help you with a bath". I offered.

Laney nodded her head and I was thrilled that she ate most of her food. I stood to start her bath water but she gripped my hand. "Set with me London". She asked.

Doing as she asked, I sat back down but she didn't let my hand go. "I'm getting weaker London." .

"Stop babydoll. I don't want to hear this". I insisted knowing she was trying to prepare me for what may come.

" Please listen to me London ". She pleaded.

I sat still indicating for her to continue. "I want you to know that to this day I don't regret a single thing. Not one thing. You brought me so much happiness, not and even though there was bad time's the good one's far outweigh it. You gave me everything I dreamed of and more. You gave me my precious babies and the love you gave me can't compare to any fairytale.  Many people die not knowing the love I've known and it saddens me. Please look out for my Dem. I know you two bump heads but he's going to need you the most when I'm gone. This will devastate him. And Miri, push her to walk again. She's strong. And please, she's going to need Cole more than ever. Reunite them London. As for King, cut him some slack. He's still young and new to all of this. And me, London I want you to cremate me. Spread my ashes at our country home, some at my Alabama home, at the pier where we became us then set the rest by my Chase lounge where I'll have my favorite view as I wait for you".

" I-I can't babydoll. I can't do this". I sobbed.

"You can London. You're the strongest man I know." .

I fell against her crying. "But you are my weakness". I sobbed.

" I love you London Harper ". She whispered then dozed back off.

Hour's later I returned to the kitchen for something to drink. Demarco was sitting alone in the dark staring at a box. "What's up with you?" I asked.

Without a word he slid the box toward me along with a note. After reading the note I peeked in the box and saw a severed finger. Laughing I spoke. "The little shit got the job done. You know they claim that everyone will have a child that is bad as they was. You was mine and I do believe Duel is yours. Good luck with that son".

" I'm going to kill him". Dem gritted out.

"Yes, and there was several time's I was going to kill you as well. Call him. He needs to know about his grandmother. He could possibly have a matching kidney. Then you can kill him". I chuckled.

" I don't know what to do about him Pape. He doesn't listen and is a danger to himself ". Dem confided.

" Yep, I once knew a asshole like that". I jested then continued. "Just love him Dem. You must admit that you've been hard on him. I can recall a young man that pulled a lot of crazy stunts but most of all he just wanted his Pape's approval. I'm sorry Dem. You just scared the shit out of me and I was worried something would happen to you. But I was always proud of you, still am. Don't make my mistake though. Talk to him. He's more like you than you know and he's craving your acceptance" .

"Maybe". Dem grunted and I laughed leaving him to his thoughts.

I curled back down beside my sleeping wife. "We will get you a kidney baby doll even if I have to find it myself" . I promised to get sleeping form.

Will Laney make it through this or is it her time?

If Laney does perish what will happen to London and the other's?

Should they continue to regain the Empire of is it best to see Laney through this first?

Will Dem contact Duel and will be forgive him?

Will they be able to find a match for Laney?