18| Holy War

A/N: Here's the update :)

Mira POV
After I made that promise to Gloxinia a lot changed.

For starters, it seemed Gloxinia's instinct was right, something bad was coming.

The Holy War.

When it first started I underestimated how bad it would be. I didn't think our way of life would be affected but I was definitely wrong.

Soon enough the goddess clan, giants and fairies joined together to fight the demon race.

And where did they put their base?

The Fairy Kings forest.

How stupid.

In all honesty, I hated everything about it. I didn't like the other races, or rather, I didn't like them being here.

Perhaps I was just paranoid but I only trusted the fairies.

I ran my fingers through my blonde hair before sighing. I wondered how Gloxinia was.

It had been awhile since I had seen him. He was so wrapped up in the war that he wasn't able to come around very often. It was okay though. He was out there doing something positive so I would quietly wait for him to return.

After all, no one really wanted this war.

I sighed as I stared up at the clouds. The sky was so pretty today and I couldn't help but smile at the scenery. I closed my eyes as I felt my body relax only to snap them back open at a voice.

"Mira!"

I looked up to see Gerheade flying towards me.

I smiled a bit before standing up.

"What's up?"

She smiled as she approached me quickly.

"I have something to show you!"

I looked at her skeptically, "What do you mean?"

She signaled me to follow her and I did so without asking questions.

This was unusual.

We flew through the forest and we made it to a barren area and I saw a blue giant. I immediately turned around trying to escape but Gerheade stopped me.

I looked at her with a sad expression, "You know I don't like associating with other-"

"Not him, the one beside him."

I turned around again and my eyes widened before I smiled.

Gloxinia.

I felt happiness fill me up and I looked at Gerheade.

She smiled, "Go see him. I'll go join you later."

I watched as Gerheade flew away and I looked back over at Gloxinia.

A blush appeared on my face and I contained myself before flying towards him. He wasn't facing me but I knew he could probably sense someone coming. He slowly turned around and upon seeing me his eyes lit up.

The sight of him made me happy. His red hair and golden eyes were the same as ever.

He extended his arms offering me a hug and I immediately took the offer. I smirked at the warmth I felt being against his chest and I looked up at him.

We disconnected our hug and he spoke, "Your wings are pretty."

I looked behind me at my wings and smiled. Just a few days ago they had fully grown in and I was excited to finally look like all the other fairies in the forest.

I looked back at him and smiled, "They are pretty."

We stared at each other in a comfortable silence before I remembered something.

"Oh, I made you this."

I handed him a new flower bracelet.

He looked down at it fascinated, "You know, you don't need to give me a new one every time you see me."

I frowned a bit, "Don't say that. This one is special. This is a white flower."

He looked at me before laughing a bit.

He wore it and handed me the old pink one.

I wore it on my wrist and smiled a bit. Suddenly, Gerheade came soaring towards us.

"Brother!"

I looked at her curiously as I watched them begin to talk about things I didn't quite understand. However, it was clear that something bad was happening. I could sense magical presence coming from outside the forest. Soon enough the sky began to get darker and I could see figures coming towards the forest.

The demon race.

I narrowed my eyes as I began to think. I was surprisingly calm.

I didn't know what exactly was happening but I knew all hell was about break lose.

I turned my head to face Gloxinia only for me to catch a glimpse of a human.

Who let a human in the forest?

Had they allowed humans to join too?

I bit my lip.

I disliked humans. I could never forgive them for what they did to my brother.

"I'll protect the forest while you're gone," the human said.

There was a silence as I watched Gloxinia accept his offer and I stood there bewildered.

Was I seeing straight?

Had Gloxina really just entrusted a human to protect the forest?

Rou, his name was.

I frowned before relaxing my expression. I wasn't about to object. I trusted Gloxinia so if his judgement was to allow this "Rou" to protect the forest I would go with it. He must have known and trusted him to some degree.

I spoke," Gloxinia."

He looked back at me.

"Make sure you keep your promise."

I watched as Gloxinia gave me a look. No words. Just a look. It seemed to reassure me that everything would be fine.

I watched as he flew away towards the blue giant. I sighed as I looked at Gerheade to see her following Rou.

I flew behind the two silently.

I would trust him for now.