Chapter 8

Jake POV:
After taking a quick nap, I felt much better. Hailey looked slightly annoyed and somewhat embarrassed when I woke up. I was woken up by the sound of Hailey's voice and someone shaking me.
"Jake, wake up." I quickly recognized it was Hailey. She continued to shake me, "Come on. We're going back to your place. Zander just called me that Luke and the others have arrived."
"Wait... what..?" I responded with a sheepish tone. I was still exhausted.
"Luke and the others are at your place right now. Let's head back and talk to them."
I yawned, "Sure thing Princess. Let's go."
Hailey surprised helped me carry some bags as we exited out the Mall. It was still snowing, I stuck my tongue out. Trying to land a snowflake on my tongue.
"Jake..."
I glanced at Hailey, she looked at me, slightly concerned. "Uh.. ya Hailey?" I stood up normally and tried to readjust my sweater.
Hailey smiled slightly, "Come on. Our bus is coming soon, we need to get to the bus station before it arrives."
I nodded my head, we walked down the snowy path. As we walked down the street, I saw most of the trees were covered in snow. I stopped as Hailey continued walking. I have an amazing idea!
I bent down and formed a snowball in my hand. I looked up, Hailey was pretty far away from me now. I quickly caught up to her before she could realize.
"Jake, remember. The doctor said you must take your medicine when you get home." She said as I caught up.
"Yaya, whatever," I responded, I rolled my eyes. Hehe, I'm so gonna die after this.
I threw the snowball at Hailey, it perfectly hit her on the head. She fell forward slightly but managed to stay balanced.
"Jake." She spoke up with slight anger in her voice.
I'm gonna die today. May the gods spare me. Hailey suddenly bent down, I looked at her confused. What was she doing? "Hailey-"
Before I could react, a cold freezing ball of snow hit me in the face. "I-"
I fell backward as I heard Hailey giggling. "Ops, my hands slipped."
I groaned quietly as I stood up. "Come on your highness, weren't we on our way to the bus station?"
Hailey smiled and turned around, "Yup! Now come on, we're going to be late."
We luckily arrived at the bus station safe and sound. While at the bus station, Hailey quickly gave me all the bags as the bus arrived.
"Hailey-"
The bus parked up and it's the door opened up, "Come on Jake. I'll pay."
I groaned slightly as Hailey entered the bus. I followed behind her, I threw myself onto the window seat as Hailey sat next to me.
"Why are you doing this to me..." I complained like a child, I raised both of my hands. "Princess, why?" I said in an extremely childish tone.
Hailey smiled and shook her head. "It has been so long Jake, I do miss you."
I looked at her slightly confused, what was she talking about? "What? Hailey what do you mean-"
"BEEP."
Since I didn't wear my seatbelt, I flew face front onto the seat in front of me.
"BANG"
"Ouch..." I mumbled, "That hurt a lot..."
"Jake, you all right?" Hailey asked with a slight giggle in her voice.
"I'm fine," I responded. My head hurt slightly.
"You sure Jake?" She asked with full concern in her voice now.
"Yes, I'm fine Hailey." I leaned backward and put on my seatbelt.
"Wake me up when we're home."
"Jake, you do sleep a lot-"
I rolled my eyes, "Sorry. Now let me sleep like a bear that I am."
Hailey smiled, "Sure thing Jake."

Hailey's POV:

Jake was asleep beside me AGAIN. I tugged my scarf slightly, inside of the bus was quite warm. I sat there in silence as I listened to the bus engine.
It was quite a bumpy ride, Jake leaned onto my shoulder again in the middle of the ride. I took a deep breath and decided to let him again.
I admired the outside snow land through the window. I smiled slightly as Jake's head fell onto my lap.
Holy Rosy Dosy! My face nearly brushed into flame. Jake slept peacefully on my lap. I looked around and sighed. I lifted my hand and started to lightly brush his hair. Jake seemed extremely tired. He breathed slowly and calmly as I brushed his hair with my fingertip.
While brushing through his hair, I continued to admire the snowy street through the window. I missed you, Jake, I hope we can be together again. Just like the old times.

Jake's POV:
I was woken up by Hailey, once again. I groaned slightly as her image formed in my vision.
"Jake, come on. This is our stop." She said.
I nodded my head as I reached for the bags. Grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bus. I was still sorta asleep when Hailey led me back to the apartment.
"Jake, have you seen Luke or the others?" Hailey asked.
"Hm? What do you mean by the others?" I asked sheepishly.
"I mean like: Milly, Elliot, Daisy." She responded.
A freezing wind blew toward our direction, it instantly woke me up fully. "Um, no. I haven't seen them since High School." I answered I was shivering slightly.
Hailey looked at me and smiled slightly, "I guess you could say this a is a High School Regroup party."
"Wait  Party-" I was stunned.
"Maybe," Hailey said. "You know how they are. They probably would have bought food over."
I winced at first but managed to smile. "I guess that's alright. I haven't talked to many of our high school friends since high school."
"That's why this is happening dummy." Hailey teased as we arrived at the apartment.
"Oh come on Hailey!" I shouted I was slightly embarrassed.
Haily laughed and led me toward the elevator. She pressed the up button and faced me. "Be nice to them, some of them may have changed."
"Wait what do you mean, have you met them-"
Then the elevator opened up, Hailey dragged me into the elevator and pressed my floor. "Jake, I think I will handle the bags."
She grabbed the bags out of my hands as the elevator made a loud noise. The doors opened up.
"What do you mean-"
She grabbed me and dragged me out of the elevator. Not allowing me to finished my sentence.
We stood in front of my apartment. Just as I was about to reach my keys, Hailey knocked exactly 2 times. She stepped aside as the door burst open.
"Welcome back Jake!!" Everyone shouted, one by one. Everyone bear-hugged me.
I looked at Hailey, she managed to smile at me and headed into the apartment to settle my bags.
This is gonna be a funky day. I just know it. But I also can't wait to get to know each other once again.