Chapter 9- Valentine Submission

"I'm home!" Hailey's voice echoed through the apartment, followed by the sound of the door slamming. Hailey took off her shoe as she saw a shadow figure stumbled from the corner of her eye.

She smiled and stood up, "Good morning Jake." Hailey spoke as the figure emerged to the front door. Jake chuckled and scratched his chin, "Sorry to force all this work on you." He quickly apologized, "Let me lend you a hand."

With that, Hailey allowing Jake to snatch the grocery bags from her hands. She grinned narrowly as she took her hoodie off. It has been a few months since Hailey moved in with Jake. Even though it was still somewhat awkward between them. Hailey knows everything comes with a cause.

"Do you want some coffee?" Jake asked out of nowhere. He placed the bags onto the kitchen counter and faced Hailey.

"Sure," Hailey replied. She took off her jacket and placed it onto the clothing hanger. "Make it extra black, please," she quickly added.

Jake nodded his head and made his way towards the coffee machine. Almost instantly, the apartment smelled like coffee. Hailey took a deep breath and smiled brightly. She untied her braid and rushed towards the kitchen.

"Here your coffee," Jake turned around as Hailey appeared. "Extra black and milky," he said with a sad smile.

Hailey thanked him and took a sip. It was bitter, but it worked well as always. "Do you have any plan for today?" Hailey asked as she leaned onto the counter with her cup of coffee.

"No," Jake responded as he made himself a cup. "I have a day off, I was planning to sleep in."

Hailey rolled her eyes, Jake was working as a part-time singer for a local diner with some of his friends that she didn't know. "Do you want to go out today?" Hailey asked, "I know a pretty good cafe to hang from."
Jake glanced at Hailey and smiled again, "Sure thing, Princess."
//break\\

Jake walked beside Hailey as they arrived at the Chinese place, "Are you hungry?" Hailey asked, Jake, smiled weakly. He was hungry since he ate nothing for breakfast. But something within him held back.

"No," Jake responded as he looked at Hailey. "Rather, I feel a quite full Princess."
Hailey sighed and rolled her eyes, "Zander and Luke should be nearby." She said as she knew. "Let's go find them," that she forcefully snatched Jake by his hand and dragged him past the Chinese place.

"Hey, Zander!" Hailey called out as they somehow made it towards the East River, Zander and Luke were sharing a drink when he and Hailey arrived.

Zander leaned onto the fence and smiled, "Hey Hailey." Luke said as he watched Jake out of breath behind Hailey. "Jake isn't much of trouble, is he?"

Hailey laugh and shook his head, "He's quite easy to care. And I mean truly," Jake blinked. Were they acting like he wasn't even here?

"Well, we should get going." Zander finally spoke.

"Go where?" Jake asked stupidly.

"Our double date, idiot," Luke answered with a smirk.

Jake blinked at Luke and Zander, then at Hailey. Hailey winced and patted Jake on the shoulder, "Come on. It wouldn't hurt that much, would it?"
Jake wanted to decline the offer, but a voice within him took over. "Fine, I'll go along this double date of ours." He responded with a grin.

For a moment, Jake thought Hailey was blushing. Before he could have to ask, Hailey looked away and Luke stepped in front of him.

"Come on Jake, we're going to have fun today."

//break\\

During the date, Zander and Luke basically abandoned Jake and Hailey. They were left alone together while Zander and Luke went to the movie.

Jake glanced at Hailey, who had her own face covered, "Hailey-"
"HUH? Hailey jumped, her face was red. "Hailey, are you ok-"
"I'm fine!" Hailey wore Jake's overlarge coat, because of that. She was hiding in the coat. Jake paused, what was this feeling he just felt. Did it have to do with her missing memories? "May I touch you?" Jake asked as Hailey was clearly flustered.

"Yes," Hailey whispered, reflexed Jake hugged Hailey. It was as he had done it before. He hugged Hailey tightly as Hailey hugged back.

"I'm sorry I ruined the date," Hailey whispered. "I really am."
Jake felt himself smiling, "It's fine. I should be the one apologizing, I'm the one who doesn't"
"NO!" Hailey looked up, their eyes met. "I mean, no it's not your fault..."
Jake felt his face burning, "Hailey. Were ever together?"
That caught Hailey off guard, "I-I mean, we were before you lost your memories."

Jake felt guilty. Somewhere inside he wanted to give her a peck on the cheek. He knew that was the right thing to do. But he couldn't make himself do it. Hailey leaned in and whispered something in his ear, "I love you, Jake."

~~~~~~~~

Hello Readers, I hope you guys are having a wonderful day or Valentine depend on which day you are reading this. This was a submission for the RosyClozy Valentine Contest since the contest has already ended. So I decided to publish it as Chapter 9, currently, I have no plan of continuing this. So, hopefully, soon I would be able to publish something you guys may enjoy!