F 💖 Priestess x Shy!Enchantress

Name reference:
Priestess: Fiona       Enchantress: Patricia
Coordinator: Martha      Seer: Eli
Mercenary: Naib Seers Owl: Brooke

___________________

Patricia's arrival to the Oletus Manor had been unexpected and rather abrupt. As the woman had come to understand the game, and the hosts rules of the game, she found that her attendance had replaced a certain beloved coordinator the other three 'roommates' had come to value.

Essentially, she was replacing someone who had died, like cattle at a butchers farm. She figured out the way this 'game' had been set up, people were lucky to see one or two new faces get sifted through. How Patricia understood it was that the four before her, that being a Mercenary, a Priestess, a Seer and the now late Coordinator had done well to cooperate with one another.

The peace that came along with reliable and trustworthy allies (never friends) now shattered once the painful realisation of just how cruel and survival dependent this game truly was. Even in everyday life, Patricia knew that reality better than anyone else. She'd been back and fourth on a slave ship, in and out of a home, against her will, losing those she loved and even a part of herself.

Still, that didn't make integrating into the manor any easier. Albeit these supposed 'teammates' of hers were not exactly cooperating either. Aside from the half-hearted and solemn short tour of the manor and unenthused introductions, Patrica couldn't find it in herself to speak to any of the other survivors. It felt too intrusive, to just waltz in on these people when she knew they most likely looked at her with some feelings of anger, regret, sadness and loathing after she had replaced someone so dear. She couldn't help but feel outcasted.

It didn't help Martha was a rather important rescue, and a reliable one at that. Patricia had expectations on her to be just as good, otherwise she might just live up to the first impressions she assumed the others held on her. Unfortunately, this meant she spent a lot of days alone. Sat at the dining table aimlessly or locked up in her room, praying, practicing her cursed abilities, reflecting back on all her past regrets.

Everyone ate dinner together, but she could never add into any conversation. She didn't know anything about these people. If they weren't already being tensely silent or trying to reminisce on the good times they had with this Martha player, (which she couldn't contribute any conversation to having not known the soldier) Patricia was often the one to finish her food early and call in for the night. Just as she would shut the door to the kitchen, she would begin to make out murmurs of conversation that she couldn't hear. This sprung a pit of anxiety and doubt in the woman, one she'd been forced to not speak up against in her early life. That trait manifested even now.

It was getting to the end of her first week at any rate and Patricia at least managed to show off her prowess during the matches. Based on what the other three survivors had said about Martha, she was working hard to be just as useful. If a teammate needed rescuing she was on it and she was especially a good kiter. Her effort and dedication had truly been there and anyone who wasn't blind could see she was perhaps better equipped than Martha to participate in the game.

Still, one person in the manner had a keen eye on the enchantress. Watching her every move for any slip ups. Naib Subedar, the mercenary and essentially the veteran of the game out of the four participants seemed to have been particularly affected by the death of Martha. They could after all bond over the organisations of an army and exchange cool technical skills they had to learn whilst serving. This all being despite the fact they were both confident and at times butted heads, the Mercenary had seen his old friends in Martha, ones he dearly missed and now a new face was added to that list. This unfortunately caused a certain cold and bitter attitude against the enchantress upon her arrival.