(3) A Long Night

As I exit the taxi, my feet landing on the hard pavement, I look up at the 35 story building in front of me.

"How did this happen" I asked myself.

~Flashback To Yesterday~

"Ahh Mr.Williams we have been expecting you" Mr.Thomas ,the CEO, replies.

" Ahh let me indroduce this fine gentleman. This is Mr. Noah Isaac the spokesperson for Hive Inc." Mr.Thomas said motioning to the man situated next to him.

" It's nice to meet you" I said turning to face the man I now knew was Mr.Isaac, trying to be polite. I avoided looking him in the eyes to prevent a repeat of what happened only a few moments ago.

Mr. Isaac offered a greeting in return. I turned back to Mr.Thomas still wondering what any of this has to do with me.
As if reading my mind, Mr.Thomas started to explain the situation.

" Hive Inc. is having a week long business convention at their headquaters and we will be sending you over as the representative for our company." Mr.Thomas said.

" The convention will begin tomorrow with a dinner at their headquarters. This is a chance to build connections with other companies and expand our assets. You are one of the best employees I have ever had. I know that with you as the representative we will be sure to attract new businesse partners. The dinner starts at seven p.m and attendance is mandatory" Mr. Thomas concluded.

For a few seconds the room was dead silent and in the midst of everything that was going through my head, the only thing I could think was " Did I leave the stove on at home".

~ END OF FLASKBACK ~

And here we are. It was 6:55 p.m and after taking a deep breath, I started towards the automatic opening doors that lead into the building. Upon entering, I feel my mouth hit the floor.The building looks magnificent! High ceilings and expensive chandeliers. Well decorated pieces that compliment the dark grey walls. I was impressed. There were people passing left and right, going about their business and honestly I was shocked. It was almost 7 p.m. and there were people still here. They didn't look like they were going home anytime soon and I really felt for them.

Picking my mouth up off the ground I composed myself before walking up to the secretary and telling her I was here for the convention. She gave me directions on where to go and just like that I was off.

15 mins later and I was completely lost.

According to the secretary from earlier...the dinner was being held in one of the larger rooms on the 25th floor. I got on the elevator and pressed the button with the number 25 on it. Not long after, I got off the elevator and started to walk down the corridor before taking a right then a left and then another left or was it a right? I tried to double back only to find that I was now in a maze of corridors.

As I took another right I felt myself bump into somebody. The person I bumped into fell down landing on their butt with a thud. I quicky stretched out my hand and they gladly accepted it. I pulled them up and proceded to apologize.

" Sorry " I said, " Are you okay ?"

" I'm fine " the person replied.

" Thats good. Um actually I could use some help myself" I said sherpishly.

" I'm looking for the place where the dinner for the week long convention is being held. "

" It's your lucky day," he said. " that is where I'm headed" " My name is Lee Kai by the way"

"My name is Troy Williams " I replied " and its nice to meet you"

We exchanged a smile and a brief hand shake before we started on our way to the dinner venue.

We made small talk on the way there and we exchanged personal phone numbers and company cards promising to go get drinks together some time.

During our talk I found out that Mr.Kai was also a representative and that he was from the company called Petrona. Their headquarters was located in South Korea but they had a branch in the U.S which is the one Mr.Kai was currently working at. I also found out that he was a 20 years old. Two whole years younger than me. Considering his age, I was impressed at his position within the company.

After making some more small talk, we fell into a comfortable silence.

After what felt like a while, we still hadn't arrived at our destination and I was beginning to wonder if we had gotten lost...AGAIN!!!

Deciding not to worry and just trust Kai, My thoughts drifted back to earlier.

I glanced over at Mr. Kai and started to wonder what exactly he was doing so far away from the venue and why he was so late. I shook those thoughts away and glanced at Mr. Kai again.

I hadn't really observed his face and body earlier but now that we were calmer and things were quiet, I silently took in his body.

His features suggested that he was of asian descent. He had crescent shaped eyes and heart shaped lips. His skin was lightly tanned and his nose was button shaped. He had nice plump cheeks and I could see the outline of muscles pushing through the suit.

He stood at 5' 6. Only three inches shorter than my 5'9 body.

Speaking of body, his was fit but I wouldn't consider it overly muscular. Overall he was sexy but he kinda gave me cute vibes too.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of Mr. Kai's voice. Thats when I noticed we had already arrived. By now it was 7:30 pm. and I was starting to get very nervous.

I kept glancing at Mr.Kai . I must have been doing it too much because I felt him pat me on the back trying to calm me down. I glanced at him again before I drew my eyes away from Mr.Kai, taking a few deep breaths. When I was calm enough I put on my game face.

The night had bearly begun but I was already tired.

Sighing , I looked towards Mr.Kai to find that he was already staring at me. We gave each other an encouraging look and took our first steps , pushing the doors open.

" This is gonna be a long night " I told myself.