23: The World Is Ugly

Y/N's POV

I wake up and realize that Gerard is already awake, since he's not in the room.

I go downstairs, and see him on the couch watching TV. "Gerard, what time did you wake up?" I slyly yawn mid sentence. "I've been awake for about two hours, since its 10 AM." 

I roll my eyes, and walk to the kitchen. 'what do i want, what do i want..'

I shuffle through the cabinets for a coffee mug, and swiftly place it under the espresso machine. "Gerard!" I call from the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want some coffee?" I walk over and lean in the doorway. "Is that even a question? Of course I do."

~^~^~

Time skip: 12 PM

"Whatchu guys wanna do tonight?" I ask as we watch TV. "Wait, let's get super wasted tonight and do shit that we'll regret." Frank shoves some popcorn into his mouth mid sentence. "Totally on board with that plan."

~^~^~

Frank arrived home from the store, with 3 bags of alcohol. "To alcoholism?" I raise my glass, as he pours the death liquid into it. "To not living to 80."

**another time skip, 8 hours. deal with it**

"T-too much alcohol." Frank slurs as he rests his glass onto the table. The only sober one is Gerard. Everyone else is... not so much sober. Blackout drunk. "Gerard?" I look over to him, who's been monitoring me closely all night. "No more alcohol, (Y/N.)" 

"Th-that's not what I was going to ask!" 

"Then what was."

"I was going to ask if you loved me." 

"Of course I do, (Y/N.) You're just drunk, that's all." He rests a hand on my thigh. "Then why don't you show me how much you do?" 

He catches on to what i'm implying, and removes his hand. "No. You're drunk and can't make rational decisions."

I stare blankly at him. "Yes I caAAaAn!" I whine, and try to kiss him. "I'm only going as far as making out, nothing further okay?" He backs away long enough to say that.  "But what about the promise I made? I don't want to disappoint you." I make a frowny face. He rests his hand on mine, and holds it tightly. "You're not disappointing me. It can wait for later."

"But I feel like if I don't follow through with it, you won't like me anymore. I won't be good enough for you. I mean, I'm not that pretty anyways." I look down at the floor, but he grabs my chin between his fingers and brought my face to face his. "(Y/N), I don't want to hear you say that again. Listen to me right now. I know I may have treated you terribly in the past, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. You're the most beautiful women in the world, and I'd never think anything negative of you. Understand sugar?" He looks deeply into my eyes, making me feel even guiltier. "yes." my voice crumbles to a weak whisper, as a tear rolls down my cheek.  He wipes it with his thumb, and plants a kiss on my forehead. "Say it." I look up at him. "I'm not saying it."

"Say it.."

"no-"

"Say it!"

"no!"

"SAY IT!"

He rolls his eyes. "I love you.."